Really sad- need advice

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Mizdee

Post by Mizdee » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:29 am

It is afternoon here, 3:30, I am going to have to go to the hospital, my father has terminal cancer and is having a rough day. Doesn't help w/ the stress, anxiety.

Hopefullin WV
I'm so sorry to read about your Dad. I'll pray for you and your Dad. It's a very hard time for both of you and believe me I know just how hard.

All My Best, God Bless,
Deb

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:55 pm

i feel your pain but you have to realize that you are your safe person at the end of the day you have to love yourself first because no one will love you like you love yourself.I have a disfunctional family also but they just dont understand anxiety.Sometimes they dont mean to hurt us because their in denial they see things one sided

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:35 am

I was in the situation you are in now several months ago. Trust me, it will get better. As you go through this program you will become stronger. I am the oldest of three daughters. I felt that my parents favored the younger two because they were, well, younger. My sisters and parents even laughed at my anxiety and even joked about it. I know they did not know how to help me, so they thought humor (although mean) was the answer. I have also come to realize I am much stronger than I ever imagined that I could be.

You may feel more anxiety in the beginning of the program. I know I did. I was working this program along with counseling. My counselor told me that working on my anxiety will cause anxiety because I had been ignorning it and pushing it away. Once I took it out and actually looked at it, it made me anxious, but the more I worked on it, the less powerful it became. I am at a point in my life that if you would have told me 4 months ago I would be at a this wonderful point, I would think you were lying to me.

Have faith in yourself. You are a strong person just for coming to this web site and posting your worries. There are people going throug anxiety that I know that are in complete denial. You are reaching for help and you will get it here. Good luck to you. Please let me know how you are doing through the program.

Lisa :)