Omega 3 for depression?

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:47 am

i've always been afraid to take it because I dont want the "fish burps" does that happen?!? lol

I dont want that fishy after taste either!!! If that even happens, I seen that they had ones that said "no fishy burps" but I dont trust it!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:04 am

I've taken the Arctic Cod Liver Omega 3 liquid for a long time now. Lemon flavor, no fish burps. My Endocrinologist recommended it- 1,000mg. My moods are more even than they used to be, so maybe it has helped with this.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:06 am

you can trust it--i usually use sundown, naturemade, or nature's resource(?) -- never had a problem with "fish burp"!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:18 am

CG822, I take nature made, two times a day I was afraid of fishy burps too. I eat before I take them. And No fishy burps. Susan

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:24 am

Susan,
Glad you're logged on. I just left you a private message, not knowing how to get in touch with you re: omega-3. When you do read it, please, instead of private, could you respond on forum. Any help you could give, I think it could benefit so many of us. Thanks again. Suzzie

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:25 am

Hi Everyone:
I take omega 3. It helps to lower bad cholesterol. And is good for the heart. It is good for so many things. It helps keep one regualr too.
I also take B-complex vitamins. Have for a long time.
Plus the liquid B-12 which is really good for depression and everything else.
Calcium and magnesium help us a lot too.
Sure I have to swallow a lot of pills. But I'm relatively healthy for my age, which is 79 years.
Good luck to all.
Mary Jane

jp4life87

Post by jp4life87 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:43 am

Hi MaryJane:

I take Omega 3 and a multivitamin....how much calcium and magnesium is theraputic for anxiety and depression? How much do you take daily?

Thanks,
Lynn

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:26 am

Hi Lynn:
I take about 1200 mlg. of calcium daily and 250 mlg. of magnesium. You can take more but that seem adequate for me.
I take a calcium with Vitamin D in it.

One lady on here takes a mixture of calcium and magnesium at night, very potent amount and it helps her sleep.

I definitely sleep better with what I take.
Hope this helps.
MaryJane

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:00 am

Suzzie, I sent you a PM. I take 2 fish oil, One in the morning “after I eat” ,and one after supper. CVS Super B Complex in the morning. And I eat can tuna 2 to 3 times a week. I say it’s the fish oil that has helped me! My hair looks better not as dry, and I use to have slit ends not any more. My nails are growing and my skin looks better. Just go online and research the benefits of fish oil. Susan :)

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:06 am

Just an FYI.....if you are unsure of fish oil supplements or are worried about fish burps you can get your daily value of omega 3 by eating 6 walnuts! I read this in a book the Dr. Oz (Oprah's Dr.) I do both the walnuts and the supplements to ensure I am getting enough! Hope this helps!!