Lonely Heart Syndrome

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
pecos

Post by pecos » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:37 pm

Your feelings are something you own. No one can take them away from you, and that is kind of cool. They are your private possession. If you feel like being sad today, for whatever reason, that is your right. You have a right to feel what you feel.
Later in this program you will get to work on External and Internal approval. Today, just be comforted in whatever feelings you are having.
We all get wrecked. ;)

joy jenkins

Post by joy jenkins » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi, I have no idea how to express how I feel so think I'll just say whatever comes into my head and hope it comes out o.k. As I have said before I am now 69 years old and do live alone, but not sure whether it is the living alone that is making me so emotional. I can tell you I never thought growing older would be like this, I don't like it at all. Also retiring from working all my life has been very difficult, also losing so many people in my life in quite a short period of time has been extremely stressful. Don't mean to sound "oh poor me", think I'm just reaching out to see if anyone has any thoughts about what is going on with me. I was married for a while but really because of emotional problems on my part it didn't work out. However we remained friends and I heard that he had died last December, he was 69. So that too was a blow. I have lost 3 sisters and 1 brother, parents of course, and didn't really want to be the only one left. So perhaps it is no wonder I am very weepy at the slightest thing, plus having suffered with severe depression pretty well all my life. However, since starting the program I feel quite an improvement in many ways, actually get up much earlier and even quite enjoy the mornings. I used to stay in bed for days on end. I am back in touch with some old friends, although a lot of them are back in England, so there is room for optimism for sure. I hope this makes some sense, I am just typing as I think. I'm not even going to read it through, just going to post it!
Thanks for your support.
Joy

Chief Crazy Horse

Post by Chief Crazy Horse » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:00 pm

It is hard no matter what the situation is, but I can atest to the "single life" and how darn lonely it is. No one there for support, love (you know what kind), hope and so on. I wish I had someone special to go through lifes journey with and I could help her too. But not having the wrong mate is awesome too, it lessons the stress levels more than you can imagine. So hang in there and NEVER give up :)
Last edited by Chief Crazy Horse on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rachel81

Post by Rachel81 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:15 am

Thank you :D
Good point about not having the stress of a bad relationship!
Hopefully you know how appreciative I am. It is early, and my mornings can be tough. Bad dreams....I wish there was a way to remedy that!
I hope you all have a great day! And thank you, again.

pecos

Post by pecos » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:48 am

How humbling! I just noted how many words I used up, and how many posts, to say what David just said in one sentence: not having the wrong mate lessens your stress.

:D :) ;)

J. Archer

Post by J. Archer » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:55 am

Yes, you're right Chief about there is less stress when you aren't with the mate who is wrong for you.....HOWEVER..living alone, sleeping alone, waking up alone, is a huge challenge sometimes....I guess there are pluses and minuses to every situation....we must keep on, and never give up hoping for the best.
Draw close, hold hands, life is short, God is good!

Lambert

Post by Lambert » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:27 am

Rachel, I am the same age as you and broke up with my boyfriend a couple of days ago.He truly loved me unconditionally and I struggle with loving myself, so was unable to love him back.At the moment, I am unfortunately not in the place to offer encouraging advice to you but felt compelled to post because of what we have in common (age, depression, single).I agree with Cheif Crazy Horse for sure on being single is A LOT better than stressors of a relationship that does not bring out the best in you.

Take care Rachel :)

Victoria62860

Post by Victoria62860 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:05 am

Oh my God! I am new to this sight and can't believe how many people feel just like me. I had a really bad day yesterday. I thought I was all alone and I was the only one hurting so much. It helps me to know, even that I'm sorry you feel like I do, that I am not alone in how I feel. And reading all the tips and advise has already lessened the ache in my stomach. I need so much help. I've expierenced huge losses in the last three years, my job of ten years, 6 family members deaths, my home, my 10 year relationship with a man I love with all my heart, becoming an empty nester. I feel I have lost it all and there was nothing left. I will keep coming back. I thank all who posted for all your honest comments. I want to feel better. Thanks!

Shalini

Post by Shalini » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:26 am

Okay I'm feeling really lonely and falling back to is anyone going to love me..true love..one who puts your emotions before their own. I've never felt what that feels like.I htought I did..but I was in denial. I feel alone and upset that there may not be anyone out there for me. Please help :o(

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:50 am

Hi Everyone,
I held off replying to this post for a few days because I am currently part of a couple but having said that I do want to add something I lived.

I was married 15 years, had 2 wonderfull children, was a stay at home Mom for most of the 15 years, But I'll tell you that I was one of the lonely people in my marriage. I was not happy, my ex husband spent a great deal of his time off sleeping sitting up, we didn't communicate with each other, I remember crying a lot and saying out loud God please there has to be more to life than this. We can be with someone and yet feel more alone than being alone.

That's all I wanted to say.

Your lives will all fal into place, you will find the right partner when it's the right time, enjoy every day to the fullest and never stop believing in yourself.

God Bless
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!