Opposite of depression.

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Searching for some peace

Post by Searching for some peace » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:39 am

I have been feeling hyper for almost 24 hours now and it is scaring me. I'm scared i'll do something crazy or irrational. My only theory of why i feel this wasy is that i have been feeling very drained and panicky for the last couple months and just recently started feeling like myself. So i am thinking its a surge of positive engergy from lacking it for the last 2 months. Anyone ever get this way?

Ocean

Post by Ocean » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:18 pm

Okay, I will never be accused of trying to scare anyone, but here is what I have to say to you. My best friend in the world suffers from Manic / Depressive disorder. On meds she's fine, off meds she's depressed for long periods of time, and then WHAM......she is manic, up up up up up and away! She one time went shopping and spent $1700 in ONE day on a credit card at the mall, on clothes, shoes, etc. I only tell you this to maybe make you aware that perhaps you may need to seek professional help to correctly diagnose you, THEN work on ways to fight back. I hope it is merely what you say, and your body's release of tension and you just forgot what it was like to feel good. Please keep on the boards and stay in touch. There's a fix for it all, but you have to know where to start.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Thank you for your advice. I am aware of Bi-polar disorder and have questioned if i have it or not but i doubt i do. I don't do any irrational things or spends loads of money which are some symptoms that come with the disorder. Thank you very much for your time and making sure i was aware!

GE

Post by GE » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:11 am

I don't have any idea why you are having these spurts. If I were experiencing this, from my own understanding of me, I'd know I was having growth spurts. Not always comfortable, but they do truly feel like they are pushing me forward (instead of holding me back, or sliding me backwards). When this happens I acknowledge it, and thank my self for bringing it to my attention, and then I continue on with my schedule. For me, they eventually subside and I usually don't even notice when the choppy water returns to calm. Does this seem familiar?

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:25 am

The only comment I can make on this is.........when I experience bursts of energy it is because I am following the program, eating healthy, exercising and getting plenty of rest. I am on medication; but I have been on medication for a long time I have only been on the program for a few weeks and I am seeing a gradual positive change in me. Keep in touch; let us know the outcome. We are all here for you. Have a Blessed day!