Support circle for depression

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
giga247

Post by giga247 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:25 am

jupiter7 thankyou for all the words of encouragement. Im amazed i didnt know that7th days were believers in the bible or for that matter in salvation shows you how what i like to tell my family never judge abook by it cover or title lol i am what you would call now days nondenominational im achristian and john 316 is the only way to enter the kingdom of God I watch Tbn but i will give the others a looky. You talked about how satan is after those who belive in God you are so right if we are kept down and suffering and not trustin in our savior we are less likely to tell those who dont believe, God says go into all the world and preach the word so that all will know who he is and i find that because of my woese and hurt i havent been doing that, so to all even if its the littlest of things during the day make it all for God he sees all and knows all I know with God on my side I will get threw this may take sometime but i will and still fufill his plan for my life I like to say sometimes that im not ready to die yet God is finished with me! The other nite my one sister called me and she was so upset she was a widow at the age of 26 she has 2 kids and life has been so hard for her and she realy wanted to know why god allowed her love to pass so early the only thing i could say was that her husbands time was done but your here because you have yet to fufill his will she thanked me and again realized that God is always there and always right. You know God says that there will be a coming together of all who belong to him as it comes closer to his second coming let me tell you i see that all around me we may not know eachother by nome but we know through christ and christ alone. Im still just a small fish in the sea but i do believe god hears my cries and this is just small things that i need to get though cause like he says we can do all things through Christ wha streangthens me! God bless you all lets not stop until we reach our altimate home heaven!

uluvnic

Post by uluvnic » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:55 am

I wanted to share that I'm reading a book called "Natural Prozac: Learning to Release Your Body's Own Anti-Depressants." It's WONDERFUL!!! It digs very deep into what makes us depressed and what to do about it. I haven't finished it yet, but with every page I read, I get more and more hope that I WILL overcome this depression. And having hope again is a BIG DEAL! I'm sure many of you have felf hopeless, like me, so I would recommend this book. It's by Dr. Joel Robertson.

One of the best parts about the book is it explains why we relapse even if we are taking medicines. It's just great. And it wasn't that expensive. I got it on Amazon for I think less than $10. If you read it, let me know what you think!

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Sounds like a good read Uluvnic.....I am an RN and may purchase it.....guess it deals with the chemicals in the brain, hormones, adrenals and such.....sounds interesting. creamcheesepuff

uluvnic

Post by uluvnic » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:34 am

Yeah, it talks about our neurotransmitters and how certain behaviors, drugs, and diet affect them.

noname_2520

Post by noname_2520 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:56 am

:)Hi Ulunvic : it sounds like a book i have been reading that is for women that also talks about neutransmitters and how diet affects us, along with true believeing positive words we speak to ourselves-how the negative and the positive affects us.,etc... Which is why i am currently eating a vegetarian diet and i also am taking a vitamin that will get my neutransmitter back in balance along with diet, and the things i say to myself, exercise, and to continue to be active in my faith which i believe is why i am doing so much better now compared to where i was when i started the program. And i can understand why lucinda said to get rid of the caffeine and sugar. It all makes sense now. It's just a challenge still today to continue to get off of this and to stay off. I admit i really like my coffee.

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:35 pm

My Mom used to say "Your Mind can make you sick" She meant both physically and mentally.
She suffered from severe depression which later on took a toll on her lungs(asthma and digestive tract) We dont realize that our thinking can destroy us physically. We have some power in our heads that yet we have to explore.

noname_2520

Post by noname_2520 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:06 pm

creamcheesepuff: :) I totally agree-that is so true by experience

lovemyfamily

Post by lovemyfamily » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:31 am

I totally agree about depression. That is my main concern but I do find that with MY depression, anxiety comes along with it. I started the program but, as usual, my organization skills suck. I find it a little overwhelming to listen to CD's, watching the coaching sessions, working the workbook and using the cards as reinforcement. I feel like I am jumping from one session in one field and then I am working the workbook in another, etc. Is anyone else experiencig this? Jo Ann

Penny G

Post by Penny G » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 am

I am new all so and I know the feeling I have I was having anxiety over the program ,so I listen to the CD's carefully, Now I wake up 20 mins early before I get out of bed I listen to the relaxation CD, I take the cards with me, read them when I have moment if you work during a break, I downed loaded the relaxation, CD I am using on my mp3 player so I can take it everywere with me, I listen when I am cleaning, doing the dishes, This has taken the pressure off. As for the DVD they so help I make up my mind I go to bed 20mins early and watch a tape I tell myself there is nothing going on in my life right tht is more important then becoming whole and get over this panice attack, I want my life back , I hope this helps you like it has me. Take your time it will all work in
Going to Take My Life Back

TEXAN2010

Post by TEXAN2010 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:22 pm

hi, i'm new in this site and I think my depression started inmy teens, but it came and go for seasons, SPECIALLY DURING WINTER, AND RAINING DAYS. but after I had my kids I got postpartum depresion. with my las kid it got really strong, so i decided to go on medication. Well, that started 6 years ago, and i'm still on medication. Then I started with anxiety wich it did't let me sleep well. My shoulders get very hard, and even tho I take med for anxiety and to sleep, i still wake up at night with a anxiety and stay awake for 1 hr. or more. so during the day I feel with very low energy, but I don't want to loose my hope to get better ;)