sudden comeback of anxiety

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
stevenb33

sudden comeback of anxiety

Post by stevenb33 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 pm

for the past three days i been feeling more anxious than i have in a while and i really dont like it. i felt like i had to leave the mall faster than i wanted to the other day and i been having some irrational thoughts and i just dont want to feed into them like i used and get myself into a panic attack. i didnt have any panic attacks but just the uncomfotable feelings are so annoying. i think i need some motivation because i kind of been lazy and slacking on the program not doing the relaxation tape like i shood and not putting myslef out there like i should. sometimes its just good to write to get back to earth. i need to be more motivated and be more positive. anybody who needs some motivation or some advice just let me know, these irrational scary thoughts need to go because sometimes i find it hard not to feed into them, anyway i know wut i need to do and i just need to do it and not do it half ass.

Iwillbebetter

Re: sudden comeback of anxiety

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:07 am

Steven - I think you said it....
i kind of been lazy and slacking on the program
I find personally I have the same trouble when I go a day or more without really doing any of the work. I start to have those "old feelings again". Just recently I noticed this... I have a lot of trouble with the negative/positive... so when I start "slacking" that is the first thing to try to sneak back... I think that is part of how I stopped the first time. Slowly but surley I lost my motivation... (this is my 2nd attempt to complete the program) I will not allow that to happen again. Even if I am having a crazy busy day and "don't have the time"... I find if I can at least make a few minutes it makes all the difference in the world. I have made copies of all the sessions to keep in my car... I find even if I can only listen to some on a ride to the store it's more than if I listened to the radio or something... Even if not much - somethings is generally better than nothing!!

Just keep with it!!! You can do it!!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

stevenb33

Post by stevenb33 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:36 pm

wow thats is exactly what i do. this is my 2nd attempt at the program as well. i began a couple months back and started to feel better so i just stopped the program, it wasnt something i wanted to do i just kind of stopped. then some feelings started to come back so i told myself go back and do the program and this time finish it, and i will and i beileve u will to. but i do the same thing if i drive somewhere i bring wutever session im doing with me and listen to it in the car just to bang these skills into my head and plus it does make all the difference as you said. i can even quote wuts about to be said in the tapes becuase ive heard them so many times. anyways thanks for the responses and hopefully those expectations have been easier to grasp for you, you will be better(good motto). we can do it.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Yea I hadn't really planned to stop either. I actually was taking a break from the program to work on my self-esteem :) (Got to the assertive session and just didn't feel ready) Silly me guess I didn't realize everything I was already doing was building that also :)
I am getting pretty familiar with the Discs also. (well the first 4 at this point) :) I use to just bring along the session I was in, now I keep copies of all of them in the car, then at anytime if I want/need to refer to a different one it's there. I go back to session 3 often still :)
Yes the expectations are getting easier!! Helped "save" Christmas :lol: :lol: I was able to remove many of them before Christmas which enabled me to just sit back and enjoy!! It was nice watching the kids be kids!! :) Instead of staying behind them to pick up this and not play with that that way etc... I just let them do whatever they did :)
Always happy to respond!! Yes we can do it!! We will be better!!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Yes, I did much better this Christmas as well, totally changed my expectations and things were so much easier. This has always been something that would give me problems is expecting so many things and find out that they were unrealistic. Ugh...so it gets better... :)

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”