jury duty

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
mew7361

Post by mew7361 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:36 am

i decided i would take a chance and try to go to jury duty. i was sitting in the jury pool praying that i would not be called to the jury box. they were slowly eliminating the original jurors then after eliminating the 4th person i heard my name being called it was like as dream i went straight into a monster anxiety attack. i walked toward the district attorney and froze for a moment floating floating afraid i was going to faint right there in front of everyone instead i asked to approach the bench where the judge was seated. all the attorneys approached i explained to the judged that i was having an anxiety attack and asked to be dismissed. dismissal granted. i slowly left the courtroom down the hall out of the courthouse trying to look calm...outside the courthouse door into the fresh air i began hyperventilating all the way to my car i kept trying to breathe 2 in 4 out couldn't get it under control. when i got to my car i just cried all the way home because i felt like such a failure.
mew

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:13 am

Aww sorry Mew I feel your pain. I am very proud you gave it a shot and went for it! Very cool and you stayed calm and took care of yourself. You tried and to me that speaks Volumes
Hugs to you ;)
Jill~

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:29 am

Dear Jill,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. :)

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:46 pm

i got picked back in March. I thought I could not handle it but I made through that whole week. ;)

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:33 pm

Mew -

You certainly are NOT a failure. You went much further than many of us on this site could have done. Just taking the risk of trying is a success in itself. Instead of looking on your experience as failing, look at everything you accomplished. You faced your fears by just showing up. When you started panicking, you handled yourself just fine. Instead of crying in your car, you should have been celebrating! You did great even if it wasn't what you were planning. Keep your chin up!

Jamie

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”