Restarting the program

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
lilangelsmom

Post by lilangelsmom » Tue May 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi I have just started the program again. I quit 2 yrs ago and stopped on week three. I started week 4 today and am giving it a good try. My problem is finding the motivation to do all the work. I come up with excuses to get through the day and then have no time for the program or I dont want to bother the family to take the time to myself. I am working on it. So this is me jumping back in.

Post by Guest » Fri May 21, 2010 3:51 am

I think it is great that you are starting again. I know it's hard to find the motivation and the time. I think that is something we all face, but know that we all support you in your efforts. Good luck and I'm sure you'll have great success.

Post by Guest » Sun May 23, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm restarting the program also. I got a year ago and looked at it and set it aside. Here I am a year later and life is just as bad if not worse. No surprise. This time I am committed to starting and finishing.

Post by Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 10:27 am

I was finished the program in March. I need to go back and listen again just to reassure myself. I most of the time just listen to the relaxation tape. :roll:

MMH

Re: Restarting the program

Post by MMH » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:42 pm

I went through the program a couple of years ago and I have found myself back in the program. We were having financial issues, I had to get my leg drained, I was getting really stressed. It was right around Thanksgiving and the anxiety was hitting me full swing. I was having problems focusing at work so I decided this time to go to the Doctor and do program with medication. I had been is the stress mode for about 2 months and just after I made the appointment(same day) my son got arrested for selling marijuana at school. I think my body chemistry got really out of wack because I was also having focusing issues at work. My boss confronted me and I sobbed and told him every thing and I had made appointment to go and see the doctor. I was amazed he was so understanding. I am so glad I followed through and went to the Doctor and also restarted the program. I have regularly been seeing a therapist also but the therapist does not prescribe medication. The program is helping me. The only thing is my journalizing and the CD relaxation CDS are not every day but I do remember the technique of positive thinking and subconsciously pull out the tools when I begin to get unsettled. I think Session 3 is the biggest challenge for me. Session 4 just makes so much sense and it fits in like a puzzle piece. I still have bouts of beating myself up if I make a mistake. My big thing is making a mistake. So here I am 2nd times a charm, I hope!

MMH

Re: Restarting the program

Post by MMH » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:54 pm

I was finding myself getting better and my husband is very supportive. Only he had to go out of town for work and I did not realize how attached to him I have become. I'm so proud of myself I am actually making progress I was a little lost without him around but I have managed to keep the fort down and take care of myself.. I am lowering my expectations and working very hard at it to change my belief system. I still have to regroup and refocus alot but I'm making progress.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”