Anyone...help me!!!

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
xladiix

Post by xladiix » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:52 am

I am on session 4..I sometimes feel like maybe i should go back to the beginning. i know i havent failed because i am trying, but it just seems sooo hard. im an at home mom with 3 kids..one being 4 months old, the other 2, and the last one 7..im at home all the time, dont drive..so therefor i dont go anywhere, unless my hubby comes home which is after 7:30 at night..but then i feel like its too late to go out there in the world to try to use my coping skills. i cant do my relaxation 3 times a day because of my kids.so im only able to relax once a day. i have started an exercise routine and have stuck to this for 2 weeks now. its great the exercising makes me feel better and helps me out a little bit. there are times though that seem to rough for me to handle.i'm working on changing my attitude to me and towards others..i have made some improvement..also, i have been working on my expectations. i havent been expecting much from others. i have limited my chocolate lol becuz lord knows im an addict to my comfort foods..i dont drink soda, i drink lots of water. Can someone give me some extra advice. What could help me get rid of this numbness and tingling feelings that i have on a regular basis 24/7? i know i have changed in some ways, but i feel like i need more improvement. im stuck with the anxiety 24/7 all day everyday..it rarely ever goes away..i've been suffering for the past 3 almost 4 years..HELP!!

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:26 am

Sounds like you are making some progress. Keep moving yourself on through. Session to session, week to week. And don't forget to ALWAYS do your homework. I worked the guidebook, all of it, every single page. Journaling is a necessity for good results, too. When you graduate off Session 15, you can start over, and rework the program, to reinforce any skills you need to reinforce. But, no, don't start over. Just keep moving.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:26 am

Hey! Saw your post and was thinking that sometimes when you have a child you become low in B vitamins and that can contribute to a lot of problems-depression, anxiety, cloudy thinking. I realize that eveyone doesn't understand about vitamins but B vitamins are known as the "Happy" vitamin and it might make a difference and help you to cope better at home and in doing the program. You would use a B-Complex and swansonvitamins.com has some good deals and quality supplements.

LynnG

Post by LynnG » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:00 pm

thanx alot pecos..u've just motivated more..thank you sooo much!

Calebs Mom

Post by Calebs Mom » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:01 pm

thanks alot also beachcatt..im going to go to the store tomorrow and get me some vitamins now lol..hopefully they work..thanx!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:06 am

HI!

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT YOU TRY NOT TO FOCUS ON YOUR SYMPTOMS!! i KNOW IT IS DIFFICULT. BUT, WE CREATE OUR OWN ANXIETY. SEEMS TO ME IS THAT MOVING TO SEATTLE IS THE STRESSOR. iT RAINS ALOT. I LIVE IN OREGON. YOU MISS YOUR FAMILY AND THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT. E-MAIL THEM, CALL, WRITE LETTERS PLAN A TRIP. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS, IS THAT, ACEPTANCE IS IMPORTANT!! ACCEPTANCE THAT YOU ARE LIVING IN SEATTLE. MAKE THE BEST OF IT. IT IS YOUR ONLY OPTION UNLESS YOU GO BACK TO PITTSBURGH. I SAY THIS BECAUSE FOR MOST OF THE YEAR I WAS NGRY AT MYSLEF AND THE WORLD. I TOLD MY PSYCHOLOGIST AND SHE SAID JUST ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON. IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE THE DALLES GO FOR IT!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! pLAN IT! THAT REALLY HELPED ME!

I WISH YOU THE BEST!!

lAURA

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”