Having some anziety

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
ASJ

Post by ASJ » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:14 am

Today I woke up with some anxiety don't know why yet but it could because I gave someone some good advice and for some reason i discredit my when giving advice as though my advice is not good enough. Or it maybe because I'm going to my doctor to talk about medication I'm trying to make thorugh this with out medication. Going to let myself feel my anxiety and walk myself through it and give myself some positive afermations any sugesstions anyone. ILOVE YOU ASJ

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:38 pm

ASJ...I wake up thinking negative thoughts...I think I have become anxious if my numbness in my hands doesnt respond but that is beside the point....working with the tapes and workbook is essential.....I found that the word"STOP"signified by Lucinda in some of her tapes have helped me. Like a BIG RED STOPSIGN flashing in front of your face. STOP STOP STOP!!!
I do eliminate it but not for long...however it takes time and alot of thinking AWAY from anxious thoughts IF the feeling Just came over you after you awakened...it may have been a dream, or a twinge your body may have had, small teeny spasm...totally unrelated to anxiety...its just the body WAKING UP....you are going from complete rest to being Awake and your body must shift gears into a mobile, consciously active mode now..both brain and body are working now more physically.Before getting out of bed, I would relax for a few minutes. think some good thoughts about how nice the day will be, a good breakfast, family or getting your work done will give you satisfaction. Hope I helped you out. Good luck.....creamcheese

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm having a little trouble and seem to be sticking at this point and having some anxiety. I've figured out what part of it is, I think. I am now doing the Optifast diet program (all liquid, no solid food), and FOOD used to be my crutch to try and quiet all the anxiety, thoughts, panic, depression. So I am going through the program, which is difficult, without my old "crutch" of food to help calm me down. I'm having to find new methods and really talk to myself. The past two mornings have been really difficult again, but I'm trying to keep working the program and doing what I'm supposed to and hanging in there.
I also never before realized how my favorite person in the world (my mom) is SOOOOOOOO negative! I always have known she's somewhat of a pessimist, but since starting the progam, I've become acutely aware just how very negative she is. I don't think I've ever shared an idea with her on something I was thinking about doing or starting and actually heard her say that's a good idea! She always IMMEDIATELY hits you with every possible negative thought or circumstance she can possibly think of. I now think no WONDER I've been such a negative thinker. She is in her 80's, and I know if I brought all this out to her, it would really hurt her feelings. I'm trying to figure out something else to do, like self talk, talking to my friends about it, etc. to get it out of my head.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”