Managing Your Unemployment

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Lima

Post by Lima » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:15 pm

Many of my bad days come from worrying about finding a new job. With Session 4, I wrote down my objectives and will set out to work my action steps. Yet, I can't talk myself to not try to hit too many fronts in my job search: My constraint: We are tired moving (3 moves in 4 years to different parts of the country) even though many opportunities are surfacing for me in other parts of the country. So, in order to work locally, I am looking at securing a college teaching job , enrolling in a teacher certification program to teach in high school, and trying to return to operations management through warehousing. Nothing locally seem to be good prospect. I am hanging in there though hoping something will happen. Are my expectations unrealistic?

heyJoe

Post by heyJoe » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:59 pm

I dont think you're being unrealistic. I think you are planning something. You're taking control of things. That's good. Keep trying. You never know when that door will open up for you, and it will.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”