Job interview...

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
bna

Post by bna » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:20 am

I went for a job interview this am. Most likely I didn't get the job because the hospital was looking for someone to cover a sick day call vs. a scheduled shift.

My initial thought after the interview was what a waste of time. I caught myself immediately. I chose to see all the positives for my negatives. For example: I got lost getting there. At least I left an hour earlier than my appointment and I got there right at 10 am.

I had to pull in at least 6 times for further directions because my directions were awful. Pulled into a gas station and the way was blocked so pulled out to pull into next entry way of gas station. Turns out it was a one way and I didn;'t realize it. Everyone started honking but thankfully I didn't have an accident.

Made a mistake answering a question which the manager noticed. I decided so what. It was only a mistake which I will use to learn from in answering that question in the future.

Began to beat myself up over staying home to raise my children the last 9 years. Definitely stopped myslef right there. I have been blessed to have had the priviledge to be a mother and been ok finicially to have done it.

So even though I didn't get the job and it didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked. I did it. I stepped way outside of my comfort zone and worked on several limitations.

My thought in closing, I was a successful just for trying. Take care and God Bless.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Sounds like you did a really good job of turning negative thoughts into positive thoughts. If you don't get the job then it wasn't meant to be and a better one will come your way.
My thought in closing, I was a successful just for trying.

Exactly!

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

bna,
the effort is the most important focus here. The outcome is secondary. Good job :)

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”