Help! I Am Still Very Anxious!

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Heather Rowan

Post by Heather Rowan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:42 am

I am flying on an airplane tomorrow for the first time in 10 years with my 4-year old son. I am so nervous. I can't even function this morning because of the anxiety. I was even thinking about not going to work today so that I could calm down a little. Please pray for me, my son, and my nerves this weekend.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:11 pm

Father God, in Jesus name, I lift up Heather and her son to you. I pray for your traveling mercies over them as they fly this weekend. I also pray for your peace to comfort Heather and guard her heart and mind. Help her to relax and enjoy herself. Bless them both, in Jesus name. Amen.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:15 am

Thank you so much! I feel a lot better now.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:14 pm

You know what this is going to do for you? This is going to make you stronger as you will be living through a very legitamate anxiety. You haven't flown in 10 years...that's pretty big. I'm also doing something similar...i'm going to be travelling outside of the country for the first time in my life and i'm doing it on a bus. I've never been on a bus for more than 2 hours, this is going to be 10.5 hours. Neways, yay for us!

What-if this allows us to be more comfortable in the face of anxiety and we get over our condition that much faster? and what if you become so comfortable on planes that you can go on vacations to really really nice places. Positive what-ifs are great in a situation like this.

Mike

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”