Where is the passion?

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Bowz

Post by Bowz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:33 pm

i notice this session's main focus is to turn the things we feel we should or could be doing or have into goals and to start being more active. The whole idea of expecting less, I haven't totally grasped, i tend to think i have high expectations of myself and others. Does anyone have ideas on how to create small scale goals and even big ones. I have had huge goals in the past few years like being in film, doing acting classes started to be my passion, then i got involved with the wrong girl and now have to take resposibility for a possible child. In spite of this negative situation i got myself into i am still trying to be diligent on the program and try to start dreaming agian. Having something i want out of life, helps me the most in life. "A man dies, when he stops wanting." line in a play i was in. I tend to love life alot more and i have such a more positive attitude about it when there is something i want. Sometimes circumstances and negative situations can come along and poison your outlook, but with my belief in God and pressing through with the program is my greatest solution. I have been through the program once before intermittently while being involved with this girl, i think i have come to a pinnacle in my life of making bad choices, at 23 I want to find my new goals and start being motivated about anything. I know you guys can relate, its all about PASSION in this life, its all about why we do what we do, any one feel free to share about finding passion, setting goals, hope everyone is progressing and feeling good.

Carolyn Dickman

Post by Carolyn Dickman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:15 pm

Hey,

You my not be the place you think you would like to be.If I was at your station in life as you stated, my passion would be for the life that my be in the girl you should or I hope you love ? The way you look at a situation my be the positive or the negative.How would God look at your situation ? As for expecting less and getting more.Expect less from life and you may find you get more,the same goes for people.As for goals;things you want to do and don't get done,if you have for example trouble thinking about washing the car and never do it because you have to wash the whole car,small goals :Do half today and the other half tomorrow.

Best to you !

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:58 am

where is the passion. how to set goal. I just listened to the coaching session for session four. i am just beginning to think about goal setting. it is in the small things, i think. taking a large task and breaking it down. i dream about the future, but don't have a specific dream. after many many (ok 40) years of battling anxiety and depression, i am taking this path slowly. interestingly for today it is having a peaceful today. taking care of myself and seeing what that looks like, actually, instead of what i expected it to look like. 3 things that i really want? continued good health, for my adult children to want to visit me without an invitation from me, satisfaction from my teaching. when i look at those goals, and couch them against the word attainable ( in light of expectations) they all can be more specific. I will go to work on that.

~*schnauzermom*~

Post by ~*schnauzermom*~ » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:42 pm

I found that setting small goals for the day helped me in attaining larger ones down the road. I used to make a 'to do' list but it was just so much like drudgery and so boring, so I changed it to 'goals for the day'. At the end of the day I write down the accomplishments no matter how small. (Ninja's post on tick mark exercise) It helps with motivation and helps to get my passion for things to kick in. I also found that certain passions will change, and what I was passionate about several years ago may not necessarily be what I'm passionate about now.
"Afterall, everybody only hears what he understands." by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”