Week 4: Expectations

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
gazi

Post by gazi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:26 pm

I feel I needed more time on Week three to manage it better. Then again its too much expectations. I am doing well so far I started the program. I guess we all need time to recover. What can I do about week 4. I dont know any "should" I use. Please fill in the blank side of me. I need to get over this. I know positive thinking is working for me and breathing techniqe including relaxion is effective. I hope for everyone of us don't have to go through this nightmare again since we all have the tools to be effective and joyful in life. THanks to this program..

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Gazi

You will find yourself perfectly described in some Sessions of the course while others may not apply to you or your problems. I think each of us must truthfully evaluate ourselves and learn to use the tools that apply to us as individuals. I have been able to see myself more clearly since I began the program.

christinepsc

Post by christinepsc » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:34 am

I don't know about you Gazi, but for me week 4 is the hardest. Till this task, I've never really examined just how out of control my expectations were and I know they are, but not in typical ways. I tend to expect so much out of my boyfriend and I expect to master things the first time I try them. I also expect people to react a certain way some situations, when they don't I get so disappointed. But until this was pointed out to me, I never noticed somehow. So I started making a list and for the first time observing myself and really looking at where my expectations are off. Hope that helps.
~*~Christine~*~

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”