session 3 sent me several steps back

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Dana Gann

Post by Dana Gann » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:50 pm

I felt that way too when I heard the group talk. After listening to the whole thing, I then thought exactly what Carolyn just said. She is not you!! I talked myself into detaching my feeings from her situation. It is easier said than done, but it can be done. I think that believing that everyone is different and just because that happened to her doesn't mean it will happen to you, is a big step in overcoming your anxiety. You are your own person, you don't know what her life is like or how many underlying causes contributed to her having a heart attack. I think once you start to detach your life experiences from those of others, your anxiety will improve.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:53 am

This also scared me and I'm only 29, I've been a vegetarian for 10 years, low bmi, good health (although I don't exercise, instead chase my 3 kids all say, lol!).
I always think about my grandmother who will be 80 years old next year. She has had anxiety since she was 19 years old!! Never had a heart attack or really any serious health problem. If she can have anxiety for that long and be OK, I think we will also be OK.
It's nice to know that we are all in this quest together, pulling for each other, keep up the great work!!

Ocean

Post by Guest » Sat May 10, 2008 4:28 pm

It says that is was stress related. Not anxiety/depression related. Listen to every word, how bad do you want to get over it?

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”