This is crucial!

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
denny316

This is crucial!

Post by denny316 » Wed May 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Thinking the right way is crucial. I really believe that this session has got to be one of the most important. I believe my negative thinking causes all the anxiety and its symptoms! I started to watch myself carefully and am noticing that I've definitely trained myself well in thinking negatively and have to stop myself on the spot. Now time to slowly and patiently retrain that thinking. :) I know it is going to take some time and patience.

coley429

On the right path but still obsessing..advice??

Post by coley429 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:48 pm

I am on session 3 and although its still early in the program i am so proud of the progress that I've made. I've come to understand that when in a panic i don't need to run i just need to calm my body down and talk calmly to myself which is great. I've also come to realize that i am probably one of the most negative thinkers in the world, with very low self esteem. and i am going to do what ever it takes to get back control of my thoughts and emotions. :D But, and i know this is just obsessive thinking but i can not stop worrying about my health. I am convinced no matter what i tell my self that i am severely sick, that something is wrong somehow. I have pinpointed where this is coming from. My doctor told me a few months back that i had a low white blood cell count and to just keep an eye on it. He didn't seem very worried about it and I have never had this problem before but i have had throat issues and frequent colds for a few years so i looked it up and of course the symptoms i had pointed to the worst thing, leukemia. so now i just want to go to the doctor and have a billion tests done to check if I'm okay. i cant stop obsessing that something is wrong. So i was wondering if any one could give me advice and help me see things more realistically and not obsess over my health and the future. :?

thomas54

Re: This is crucial!

Post by thomas54 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:34 am

This lesson is important. I realized I am one of the most negative thinkers and obsess on a situation until the situation has resolved itself. I continue to write down my negative thought and counter it with a positive more realistic thought, but it is taking some time. I still need to work hard on his.

I started the program in 2008 and now I am back. I am not sure I worked hard at this program back then and I need help today.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”