Getting things that didn't really sink in the 1st time

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
garyhermesch52

Getting things that didn't really sink in the 1st time

Post by garyhermesch52 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:59 am

Hi to anyone or everyone,
Some things seem to be sinking in this time through the program that really didn't very well the first time.
Especially about how the personality traits we have devoloped over our life is what is causing our anxiety. There's
probably a lot of factors that contribute to our personality. Our past, our genetic makeup or whatever. But the main
thing is that our personality basically determines our behavior and that is what causes the anxious and fearful way we think.
So we need to change our behavior and then the way we think will change. I know I've thought back a lot about how
I would get things taken out on me by my mother when my oldest brother would do things that embarrassed the family. It definitely seemed to set up the process for how I think and feel. I think the main thing is to not worry too much
about getting anxious and panicky and just try to reassure yourself that it will be OK, and then tell yourself "I'm going
to enjoy this anyway" or something like that. The main thing is don't run, don't go out and buy things compulsively or
whatever. I think probably the reason a lot of people seem to be into religion or something like it is because everyone
wants to feel loved by someone. I think a lot of what's behind our fear, anxiety, stress, depression is being afraid of
'the boss', whoever that is. That must be why God, even though he is 'the boss', doesn't hold it over us like a club, or
at least He seems very reluctant to do that. Mostly, I think He gives us enough slack in the rope to get ourselves
into trouble. Good luck and smile a little bit! And thats an order.

healthyrachel

Re: Getting things that didn't really sink in the 1st time

Post by healthyrachel » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 am

Great self discovery. Amazing how this journey takes years and years. I went through the program back in 2004 and I felt very self aware. But I jumped in to a horrible relationship, that I'm still in. And I wondered why my anxiety came back full force. I am going through the program again and maybe I will make changes on my relationship (finally) or be alone?! Who knows. I am very excited to start this journey again. :D

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”