I worry to be prepared.

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:24 am

I have certainly felt the same way. If I don't think about every possible outcome of a situation, then I won't be prepared for possible bad outcomes. I think we do this for two reasons. 1) We think that be obsessing about the possible bad outcomes we can prepare ourselves for them and possibly change them. We probably have all been taken by surprise by a bad outcome and worriers and overthinkers that we are, we want to be able to change that. 2) If we think about every possible outcome, we won't be upset when the bad outcome happens.

At least that's my $0.02.

bunkymarie

Post by bunkymarie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:29 am

I can identify with you all. I often find myself catastrophizing about unreality. Through this program I have found that this is a cognitive habit I developed after years of reinforcemnt. I still catastrophize but I now know how to separate from this. I recognize this for what it is...an old congnitive bad habit...and I restructure my thoughts.....and move on....remember, we are human and we will have our "moments" i.e. old habits crop up....but it is up to us to use our skills and restructure....God Bless

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:44 pm

In this session for me I have problems writing down negative thoughts because I have these racing thoughts in my head that say, "the second you write down a negative thought then u will think another, and another, and another, etc." In other words I will just keep writing and writing and overload myself. I need to get past those thoughts though.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:57 am

I wont write down any negative thoughts....Why I can already acknowledge them and see they are incorrect and immediately challenge that negative thought with a positive thought....its not effortless but rewarding.........I love the title...Fake it till you make it..........I also call that living in Faith........

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”