need advice going on a trip

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
ladybug_101

need advice going on a trip

Post by ladybug_101 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:20 pm

need advice going on a trip how do some of you guys distract yourself riding in the car ! has anyone tried the relaxation
tape while rideing in the car and does it help i got me one of those disc players so i can listen to it privately !

Clarysage

Re: need advice going on a trip

Post by Clarysage » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:51 am

I did that this weekend. My husband drove and i listened on my i-pod to some subliminal affirmations and relaxation meditations while he drove. I put some of the sessions on the i-pod too. It's great to use anywhere.

ladybug_101

Post by ladybug_101 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:00 pm

what sublimenal cd did you listen to please share !! i did listen to my relax cd it helped alot but hard to concentrate at times , but i think i did pretty good !! normaly my stress level wld be a 10 plus !!! i think i did really good !! now the trip home iam going to try even harder to be the one in control not the FEAR!!!!

Clarysage

Post by Clarysage » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:32 pm

Louise Hay "stress-free" and "self esteem affirmations". I listen to one everyday. hayhouse.com

ladybug_101

Post by ladybug_101 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 pm

thank you so much i will look for it, i have a trip in feb winter travel really scares me so anything i can do between now and feb will be of great help !!!! i do have to say i did pretty darn good on my trip wasnt my favorite thing to do but iam pretty proud of myself best i have been in years not perfect but hey pretty close to it for me lol !thanx again!! :D

Skookum

Post by Skookum » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:20 pm

HI ladybug,
You will have a great trip! I love driving. (OK, I realize it is a form of running away but it occupies my mind enough that It displaces negative thoughts.) I am working on my rush-hour city driving but my open road driving is my "Happy Place". Carry basic winter survival gear in the car and the rest is fluff.

ladybug_101

Post by ladybug_101 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:28 am

well skookum lol iam trying to master the driving thing :lol: and being a better passenger, and iam getting better :D and let me tell ya if i could police the traffic behind me i would do that too lol ! but iam just not that damn good at it yet lol ! i soooo envy you... and i do hope one day i can say and the rest of it is just fluff i get there all in good time lol !

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”