Getting better?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
britni2290

Getting better?

Post by britni2290 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:36 pm

Although I do feel a little anxious at times still, I have not had a full blown panic attack, and it's wonderful. I had clonazepam, which i took whenever I was feeling a bad one coming on. I took about 10 in two weeks. Now I haven't taken one. My goal is to never need medication. I don't like it and with past drug problems I really would rather do it on my own. The clonazepam made me angry and sleep for about 12 hours straight. I love that I haven't needed to take it. Although I'm having some problems with self talk, I will not give up.

jettablue

Re: Getting better?

Post by jettablue » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:59 pm

That's fantasic! Glad you are doing so well!! Since I started this program I have also been able to talk my way out of many bouts with panic, and also anger. It feels so empowering to have suddenly learned the skills to feel somewhat in control of something I've felt hopless and helpless with my whole life! I have high hopes with this program! I am feeling better than I have in a very long time. I just wish I hadn't wasted so many years anxious and depressed before I tried this program. :)

screlp

Post by screlp » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:42 pm

That is great, I have a real problem with being in crowded places. I would never go out to a crowded place by myself. I started taking medication and it did help, but like you I did not want to be dependent on them. I would only go out with my "safe" person, and I was ok. Now I realize that is not the best route. After starting the program I have challenged myself to go out by myself, to learn how to deal with the anxiety. You know what? nothing bad happened, imagine that :D
This program has made me realize things about myself that I never knew, and Im excited to getting my life back.

britni2290

Post by britni2290 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:55 pm

That's awesome guys you can do it :D

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”