Opinions please? :u]

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Dustin B

Post by Dustin B » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I am half way through session 2 at this point, and I recall Lucinda saying that there will be a session later on where you will have to face your fears head on. My question is this:

If at this very moment in time, I feel like I am able to face up to one of my biggest fears, do you think it is safe to face it this early into the program? I know it says to not face fears without the proper tools, but do you think it could do any harm to face a fear now if I felt up to it?

Any opinions at all would be greatly appreciated. Peace & Love to you all.

Thanks,
Dustin
"So if you're careful
You won't get hurt
But if your careful all the time
then what's it worth"
-Cosy Prisons by A-ha

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi, Dustin. I can still remember my 1st panic attack. Happened yrs ago. You've got your guitar, which must be very comforting. Lean on it when you get scared. Don't run away! She can be your best friend, until you decide to find something different. But take your time! Debbie

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi Dustin.

I think you should take your time and go through the program as the program says. Be patient. But if you must, try but remember, if you don't succeed you won't have the tools to comfort yourself the way you need to.

Take care. DeeDee..

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Dustin, I really suggest that you stay with the program and it's outline. She is preparing us to take the steps along the way. After you complete it then you can go back as you need to as reminders. When I first started it was recommended to me to do it, then repeat it. And if was amazing how you pick up on things you missed the first time. I think I am going to do it again, not that I am not improving but that I feel I am truely ready to hear it all.

Best of luck and dogmansis had wonderful advice. I had came to leave a letter of thoughts and I feel this is a good place to leave it.

hang in there ok

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:18 pm

penny for my thoughts

I would like to start by saying I know that all things has a purpose in life though we may not know what it is, it does have purpose.

I first started having what they call Panic and/or Anxiety attacks in 2002, I was in denial for sometime before I thought I could except the fact that I would have this. It was something that has been so hard for many to understand, and I can except that. Mainly because even when you have it, you don't understand it yourself. It is hard to understand how this can change someone in a blink. I went from being a very independant and strong person, to very dependant on my husband and a very inverted and very weak. I couldn't make decisions, and didn't know that I could or wanted to go on so many times. After a shock to myself I found I not only was living with one foot in my grave, I had one foot in my caffin.....that was when I felt I needed to pull myself together and get on. I didn't want to keep on living like this and knew that I had to put my trust in God and myself. I prayed for God to open a door for me and I must say he not only opened a door but he took my hand and walked me through the door also. He helped me to find Lucinda and StressCenter. I started by reading the book by Lucinda called "Panic to Power", and I know she was talking to me the first page.......then I took the program and meet Carolyn Dickman and I must say that is a wonderful blessing in it's self. God gave us a gift and she speaks with such awe. I start to have a down time and I can just hear her talking to me from the tapes and telling us we can and would find our "dip in the road". Well, you are right Carolyn. God bless ya girl! I feel that I have such a friend from the group talks after each tape. My hat is truly off to this woman and her knowledge.

When I thought the program was complete, to my surprise I met Jaycie,Cyndi, Happiness, Jen, Sue, and Depression/Anxiety (through myspace).....then I met Cheri from through the <A HREF="http://www.stresscenter.com" TARGET=_blank>www.stresscenter.com</A> and she along with Mello Nello, Laura, Sherri, and Patty they are a blessing in my life also. I stand in applaude you all, and I really would like to thank them all. With God and them they have helped become who I am agian. Now I am doubly blessed. I want to thank them all for the special touch that they give my life. You must know that you are serving your Purpose that was gave to you and such a special way and we are all thankful.

I will I am not totally without symptoms, but my life is so much better than it was even 3 months ago. As you all know the symptoms has a way of telling you when you start to forget yourself and back slide a bit. I still know that there is work I must do on myself, and now I am at the point I can step back and know the direction I need to go. I have done better after Jaycie assured me that as time goes it will only get easier. You truly helped save me as soon as you told me that, thank you. After meeting this fine group, I know that I can, not only can I take that step, but I can love myself while taking it. Thank you all for all that you do!

I will get off my band box but if you have anxiety and/or Panic attacks know that you are still in there and you can find yourself again. I am due to go for my yearly physical and I honestly say, I can't wait to see the ole doc and let him know I not only survived, but I am a better person. When I started having my attacks, he told me mine was severe and he was right. I couldn't even get out of the bed due to my stomach symptoms and the normal daily living was out of the question. You see he thought I would never get better, he thought I had gave up, and to some degree I did, but that was before God lead me to the group I just mentioned.

I still take Buspar, but I have not took my Xanax in months. I am so thankful for that.

To you all, don't give up......Let the panic and/or anxiety lead you to find the precious moment and slow down to enjoy them before you loose the chance to enjoy them. Before I never slowed down to hear the birds sing, or to feel the gentle breeze. Oh what a blessing to have them and more in our lives.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:46 am

Hi Dustin

I don't think that you should hold yourself back if you are wanting to do something and feel ready. In week 2 we are learning the steps to reduce anxiety and deal with panic so if you feel ready I think you should go for it and if you should get anxious you can use it as a practice opportunity to help yourself with these six steps. I had the opportunity yesterday and I took it and I feel great about the outcome. My husband and I and our kids were in the grocery store. Now my thing has been always needing to have my husband within my sight when I'm out in a public place. Well we were almost finished shopping and realized we had forgotten to pick up bread and the bakery dept. was on the opposite side of the store. Without a moments hesitation I went, by myself---no husband or kid with me---and got the bread. I had a moment when I knew I was out of their sight where my stomach clenched and I thought, "Oh no!" but I just started the breathing technique and started talking to myself calmly and positively and I was fine and I did it! I could hear Lucinda saying "no can of soup is going to jump off that shelf and hurt you" and I just told myself that it was a good opportunity to practice and that it was only a grocery store and that there was nothing scarey here and that it was no big deal and it worked. I actually did what I needed to do and felt calm and not frantic to get back to my husband. And afterwards I felt---still do feel---really good. That one little accomplishment gave me hope that this program might really work for me. So I say if you are really wanting to do something that you've been avoiding go for it and just remember your six steps if you should feel some anxiety. Take care. B

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:12 am

I agree with bew- if you think you are ready to
face it then you should.

But in Session 3 she doesn't want us to make too many decisions/changes because we are too 'green'
as she says. So just be cautious because I hope
it doesn't set you back anxiety wise.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks so much for all of your responses and opinions. You all have me thinking a lot about this. But for once it is nice to think; it isn't obsessive thinking this time around. I suppose I will consider the situation more within the next few days and decide from there.

Peace & Love
-Dustin

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Guess what everyone? I decided to face that one big fear I was talking about. I am 21 and still do not have a driver's license. I have been so terrified of driving that I am overwhelmed by the idea of just backing out a driveway. I drove a few times before but never during the daytime or for more than a few minutes. Well I rode out of town with my mother to get some of my medicines. I didn't tell her until we went to leave to go home, but the entire time I had planned to drive back. So on the way home I asked her to let me drive on the highway in pure daylight. I was shaking and sweating, but guess what.. I DID IT. It felt like a dream come true, I almost wanted to cry happy tears. I drove all the way back home. My next goal is to actually get my license. Thanks for letting me share with all of you.

Peace & Love
-Dustin

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:53 pm

good job homie!

if you did that with just session 2....wait till session 3!!!! it might be the last time you ever ever have a panic attack and symptoms! but finish the program! from experience. these tools need to be made a part of your life for the rest of you life!!! i mean that man! i really mean. it ingrain this program, tools and skills into your brain forever! never forget them. i did a few times and ended up relapsing! you are young and can stop all that from happening. stick with it. forever. everyday work on it. until your 90 years old.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”