Panic Attacks at Night? - Suggestions to Deal?

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Sonny

Panic Attacks at Night? - Suggestions to Deal?

Post by Sonny » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:35 am

Hi,

I have been having pretty bad panic attacks at night generally after I go to sleep and wake up sitting in bed thinking about them more which obviously makes it worse...then I start obsessing about not getting enough sleep and all the What If Thoughts come up...

Any suggestions for things you guys have done that work? I have started getting up and writing journals or am thinking of getting up and taking walks to get rid of all the aderenaline etc.

Please chime in...

playingwithchaos

Re: Panic Attacks at Night? - Suggestions to Deal?

Post by playingwithchaos » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:14 pm

i tend to have this problem
i find that if i get some colored pens and a color book and just start coloring it goes away within no time

peaceandjoy7

Post by peaceandjoy7 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:49 am

A therapist told me if you are having an anxiety attack or about to, put ice under your arm pit, it diverts your attention away from what is causing the anxiety attack because the ice is so cold and uncomfortable. I swear it works! I tried it and was amazed.

soulartista

Post by soulartista » Fri May 11, 2012 11:11 pm

I COLOR TOO! haha this made me laugh i used to color until i could sleep. now i knit. the constant motion really relaxes you and releases your nervous energy.

Night panic attacks. When you wake up and have an anxiety attack what accompanies that are scary thoughts. you need to learn how to calm yourself down by reassuring yourself and answering the what if questions. What if i have anxiety all night and then I can't get enough sleep and i'm exhausted at work? well, then i guess i'll be tired at work. it's ok that happens, people don't get enough sleep all the time and they are fine the next day when my body is ready to sleep it will sleep. well what if I wake up and because i'm so tired I have anxiety? well then i'll feel kinda weird and either i'll call in sick or just go to work and feel weird and no one will notice and it will be fine.

see what I mean? just learning how to soothe yourself and talk to yourself. it really helps if you imagine what you would say to a good friend who is going through what you are going through. often it's easier to know how to soothe someone else then it is yourself..which is unfortunate =o)

good luck!

dwhess504

Post by dwhess504 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:37 pm

soulartista wrote:I COLOR TOO! haha this made me laugh i used to color until i could sleep. now i knit. the constant motion really relaxes you and releases your nervous energy.

Night panic attacks. When you wake up and have an anxiety attack what accompanies that are scary thoughts. you need to learn how to calm yourself down by reassuring yourself and answering the what if questions. What if i have anxiety all night and then I can't get enough sleep and i'm exhausted at work? well, then i guess i'll be tired at work. it's ok that happens, people don't get enough sleep all the time and they are fine the next day when my body is ready to sleep it will sleep. well what if I wake up and because i'm so tired I have anxiety? well then i'll feel kinda weird and either i'll call in sick or just go to work and feel weird and no one will notice and it will be fine.

see what I mean? just learning how to soothe yourself and talk to yourself. it really helps if you imagine what you would say to a good friend who is going through what you are going through. often it's easier to know how to soothe someone else then it is yourself..which is unfortunate =o)

good luck!

cool Advice! My issue is sometimes I cant even think straight enough to answer the questions.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”