Tired of the same ol' thing

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
mmejias35

Tired of the same ol' thing

Post by mmejias35 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:09 am

Hi, this is my second week on the program and I really think it will work for me. Ironically, i have been suffering from panic attacks to some depression since I've been on it. I think its because I have to look at my actions and the way that I think. Thing is, I am always stuck in my head! I understand that a panic attack will not kill me and that i bring it on and that they go away. My problem is i fear losing control of how i feel and having the panic attack of no return. But you know, I think that i have already been there. A few times actually! And I am still here. My thing is, i need to keep busy and not allow obsessive thoughts rule my life. It affects my work and me getting out. I don't want to lose my job because i have my own home to pay for and i don't want to continue to spiral out of control. I am so overly concerned with the way that I feel all the time that i put myself into major panic attacks. If i am sick or feeling odd, I start to worry about it. And I am sick of always laying around as it that will get me out of my funk. I have been sick twice in 2 and a half weeks and i now believe that all this constant worrying and no exercise can cause a weak immune system. I wish i could talk to Lucinda Bassett myself. Its nice to talk with people who have been there. I have been going through this for like 12 years and I am so ready to be free. But I realize that I keep myself locked in a box and sometimes i just want to freak out. I wish I wasn't so into control. I wish i could tell myself all this things that I have done and be proud forever. But that worrying is always in the back of my mind like i am not deserving or like i shouldn't reach so high. Everytime i do, something pulls me back down into "reality". But I know that I am deserving of good things and that it is okay. I just want to be free. This is ritz32. ;)

leftySteph

Re: Tired of the same ol' thing

Post by leftySteph » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Hello mmejias35
I too, am new to the program. I have only been battling anxiety evidently for 3 years now. Until I found this program, I let anxiety take over my life to the point of entering in the hospital 3 times. I really feel like this program will help me combat my anxieties and be what I feel a normal human being now.
I see a lot of similar issues with you that I have. I am out on disability right now through work but I really want to go back. I just have to have control in order to do this. I can't just stay in the house worrying. Just as you, I know I am a good person. We just need to stay positive and follow our hearts.
Take care,
LeftySteph

mary jp

Re: Tired of the same ol' thing

Post by mary jp » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:21 pm

hello Ladies, Im pretty new to this Also,Im on week 9 and I feel better but Its a struggle...i never was afraid to leave my house, but i am now.. because of the anxious feelings and or loseing controll...and its the pitts! where ever i have had even a mild pannic attack...I cant go back.. I am so ready to be free from all this....my first big pannic attack , happened at church... and it really scared me and left a huge scar..so im scared to go back to church...im scared it will happen again so Im working through that..but I gotta tell you its so scary...the one thing anyone should be able to find commfort...is scary for me=( and that make me feel soooo alone

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”