The Challenge...Lesson 2

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:22 pm

I will recover, I am recovering, each and everyday I am more recovered. I have everything I need inside of me in order to recover and face any problem or limitation I will ever encounter. Each day I become stronger with my skills and I can access more and more of my inner resources

Lindalee
Yes i am dedicated to physical fitness. I do yoga 1-2X a week, hip-hop twice a week, I walk 2 hours a day, I lift weights, I have changed my eatting habits to maximize my results from working out and I keep track of my progress in my journals. I'm sure in some way it could look like i'm trying to do perfect but it really does add to my workouts if I have all the information i can from previous workouts because I switch exercises up and some exercises i haven't done in a very long time so I need to guage which weights to use based on how much I used last time I did that exercise. It is important to do this and its also important to not avoid facing this limitation. This is another great practice opportunity and is one that is easy to control so I am definately going to take advantage of that. I'm thinking of buying a watch and keeping track of my progress with this goal by way of time. Yes week 3 starts tomorrow and your welcome, thank you for participating in it.

THH
Thank you and yeah I'm learning that lesson about not pushing myself so hard. I'm going to buy a watch and keep track of the ammount of time I can do something before I have to take a break and calm myself down and I'm hoping to increase that ammount of time as the days go by. I'm also thinking of trying to read and draw (I used to draw alot and I'm good at it but it causes tons of anxiety) and practice singing and hip-hop.

Searunner
No offense taken over here. I took some trazadone about 10 minutes ago and am getting really really exhausted and I wanted to put alot of heart into my post but i'm sorry it might not be a really exciting response. I wanted to congratulate you for taking the whole freeway to work, you had mentioned the other day about not going onto the ramp last time. You are still going strong with the 6 steps and I think thats really great. You are definately going to recover this time :) I also didn't think too much about it but yes the first few moments of panic or anxiety are critical for sure.

ALL
I am really proud of everybody making it through the first week. Congrats and I'll see you in lesson 3

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:20 pm

starting a lil bit behind, but I will catch up :)
Im going to recover. I am recovering, each and every thing I do makes me more recovered. I will do everything I possibly can to recover in the most healthiest way because I refuse to live life based on fear, anxiety, and depression anymore!
excellent quote btw!!

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:29 pm

I want to achieve a life I actually enjoy living....I want to wake up in the morning with the joy of being alive....I want to go to bed being thankful for all the blessings I have in my life...I want to go places with my kids and grandson, not think up excuses why I cant leave the house....I want to go back to work in the ICU or ER, I loved nursing and I miss it so much....I want to help others when everything seems hopeless and no one else understands....I want to enjoy the beauty of this world, instead of rushing back inside fearing I will panic....I want to be a postive person that takes the time to really listen to others, instead of dwelling on my past.....I want to walk on the beach, ride a plane, walk the dogs, bike ride with the kids, picnic in the park, enjoy the thrill of a rollercoaster, travel....I want to smile...I think that sums it up....I want to smile everyday and mean it from within :)

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:33 pm

oops, forgot..
Im going to recover, I am recovering, each and every thing I do makes me more recoveres. I will do everything I possibly can to recover in the most healthiest way because I refuse tp live life based on fear, anxiety, and depression anymore :)

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Im going to recover, I am recovering, each and every thing I do makes me more recovered. I will do everything I possibly can to recover in the most healthiest way because I refuse to live a life based on fear, anxiety, and depression anymore. How did things in the past doesnt work anymore. I am changing and change is good :)

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Mike, I know we just ctarted chatting, but believe me when I say you definitely do have leadership qualities!! you are great at understanding people's dilemmas by really listening!! you offer intelligent yet easy to understand suggestions!! you praise others when we dont believe in ourselves!! you are soooo not boring!! I read every word you write because you are very interesting and make me feel empowered!!
Im going to recover, I am recovering, each and every thing I do makes me more recovered. I will do everything I possibly can to recover in the most healthiest way because I refuse to live a life based on fear, anxiety, and depression. How I did things in the past doesnt work anymore. I am changing and change is good!

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:06 pm

Im going to recover, I am recovering, each and every thing I do makes me more recovered. I will do everything I possibly can to recover in the most healthiest way because I refuse to live a life based on fear, anxiety, and depression anymore. What I did in the past is not working. I am changing. Change is good!!

made it through page one lol....its 11pm here now and I have to be up early with the kids for school..I love the relaxation tape, I do it every night when I go to bed.....I look forward to how relaxed I know I will be....a few times I have fallen asleep before it ended, but heck, you cant get any more relaxed then that :)
have a great nite all :)

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:09 am

I will recover, I am recovering, each and everyday I am more recovered. I have everything I need inside of me in order to recover and face any problem or limitation I will every encounter. EAch day I become stronger with my skills and I can access more and more of my inner resources.

Karen L
Thank you, it took me a little bit to figure out what kinda quote to use and each week will have a diffrent quote but may have things in the quote that are similar or the same. Those are all really good goals and reasons to recover and with the ammount of energy you put into that I would say you definately can recover and because of the anxiety and depression you can do those kinds of things and enjoy them even better than someone who hasn't gone through the condition. I also liked how you added about the changing being a good thing. Very nice!

Wow I just read your post about the leadership qualities and well it put a smile on my face. You know this is why I do this stuff. Well one reason is to empower others and to be that understanding person that people need. Thank you for the compliments.

Thats really great that you enjoy the relaxation tape as that is a huge hurdle for many people. Once you get over that hurdle you can quickly grow with your abilities to calm yourself down during an anxiety, panic attack or a really strong negative emotion. Congrats and I will keep checking in on this thread as long as someone is making posts in it.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Lindalee

Post by Lindalee » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:37 am

Hi Karen L, and welcome. just in case you weren't aware, our group has moved on to week three in the challenge and the posts are going in that area. I would print a link here, but I don't it, I just went to the community area and clicked on week 3.

afoster

Post by afoster » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:00 am

Is anyone else still in session 2? I have a couple days left until i move on to session 3. Feeling a little better as i move forward and the 6 steps are helping. I still find myself drifting back into slight panic from time to time, but i seem to recognize it at least and try to use the breathing techniques. Looking for someone else who may be at the same point?

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”