Does anyone get sick in car?

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Diggy

Post by Diggy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:44 pm

I am fine driving, not a problem. But i can not ride in a car without getting an upset stomach when someone else is driving. I am going out for a friends birthday tomorrow to Atlantic City and we are taking a Limo .... i am a little nervous about the ride, as i always seem to get sick when others drive. I am sure it has to do with a control thing. I try not to think about it, but i still get sick. Does anyone have this problem, and if so what have you done to help with it?

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi,
Yes, I have this problem too, and many other people do as well. It may or not be a control thing, but my husband does not suffer from anxiety and he has bouts with this feeling as well. The thing that really propels this feeling with him seems to be reading, or focusing on any object while he is moving. In any case, it is very common so you don't need to feel alone.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:03 am

Thank you
The ride went ok. I did get a lil upset stomach on the way down, but i was popping tums so i didn't get too bad. Ride home was at 4 am so at this point i was tired and went to sleep. I think i caused myself more anxiety about getting sick then just enjoying the ride. Something i need to really work on. Thanks for your reply

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”