New to this Site and the Program =)

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Lisaida79

New to this Site and the Program =)

Post by Lisaida79 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:28 am

Hello I'm new to this site. I'm looking for sum support. I'm on
session 2 and 3. I'm so glad I got this program. I am very optimistic :D

Paisleegreen

Re: New to this Site and the Program =)

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Welcome lisaida! Paislee :mrgreen:

Nanner823

Post by Nanner823 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:25 am

Welcome Lisaida, Happy you are here.

djs1026

Post by djs1026 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:57 pm

I am also new to the program and working on Sessions 2 and 3. It is helped me a lot just in a few weeks. Very thankful to have the program and hope to feel free of anxiety and depression. Good luck! :)

angelwinks98

Post by angelwinks98 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:33 pm

I'm also new to this site I'm currently on chapter 2 dealing with panic attacks and anxiety. I'm hoping to connect with others
to get through this issues. I 've had anxiety for years it's been a long road and I know many people here are looking for support and relief from stress and anxiety. I have been to doctor's for panic attacks and they say it is all in my head but I was also diagnosed with mitral valve proplapse several years ago through an echocardiogram. I find that breathing and relaxation excercises can be helpful along meditation tapes as well. I also heard yoga can be a tool for stress which I have yet to try.

mmwillie928

Post by mmwillie928 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:46 pm

hi angelwinks!
glad you have come to the program as well. I have gone through it once already and am starting a second time around. it has been very helpful to me, and i know it can help you too.
i myself have had anxiety all my life, but it became life controlling when i was a teenager. i can relate to the "i'm so tired of dealing with this!" i often thought about getting this program. well, i had heard about it on tv andthe radio a few times and was drawn to it, but never took the action until a couple years ago. was one of the best decisions i could ever make.
i also find the relaxation tape to be very helpful. it just gets me to an extremely calm place while using it, and i came to realize i can use it as a response to anxiety when i am feeling panicky. of course that is covered in the program so i am sure you will or have found that out.
yes, i have also heard that yoga can be very helpful. there are many types of yoga, and i know they can all be helpful. without being an expert on yoga, i would say, if you look to join a class, tell the people running it that you are looking for relaxation and calm and they will let you know what kind of yoga to take.
my grandmother on my dad's side also has the same heart valve thing you were diagnosed with. she has lived with it for many years. it is VERY common from what i understand and very treatable. in fact, she thought something was wrong with her heart for years, and was tested but doctor's didn't seem to find anything until she was older. now she is in her 80's, has a pacemaker and i imagine is on meds, especially at her age. but she has lived a full life. so in short, there is nothing to fear, just in case you are feeling any fear. :D
best to you on your journey and congrats!
Matt

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”