worried about post partume depression and i never had it with my first two.

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Kriskam02

Post by Kriskam02 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:33 am

husband and i are talking abount another baby. i am terrified of what i hear about post partume. i have 2 kids and never before had i had one thought about that with either kiddo. last yr i had a surgery and started having scary scary thoughts about my kiddos and myself and my family. i am doing alot better but scared because at the time of my couseling my counselor said things will get better just take it day by day and didn't diagnose me with anything but severe anxiety caused by a trauma. she made the comment that maybe i shouldn't have anymore kids if i was scaring myself this much. but now i want another one but am scared of what she said. i called her the other day to see if she meant anything by that or was that just at that time when things were bad. i wanted another kiddo so bad before my surgery and then all that anxiety happened. i was convinced i was turning into the yates lady because i had a scary thought about my kids in the bath tub and then i looked up info on her and freaked myself even more. i know i am nothing like her but your mind with anxiety keeps working when it should just stop at i am fine move on. if anyone out there has had issues please let me know. i am just scared that i will have post partume and all these scary thoughts will come back . i still have them but nothing like they were. they don't bother me as much now. i let them go.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:31 am

Kriskam02,
I know exactly what you're going through. You read all these horror stories about these awful parents and then are terrified that you're going to do the same things as those monsters. The fact that those thoughts scare you isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's the people that take comfort in those kinds of thoughts that do awful things. I used to be terrified of thoughts about hurting a loved one, I even had awful thoughts about hurting my daughter. Instantly my panic attacks started again and I was diagnosed with ppd, go back to the basics of the program, slow down and use the thought blocking tools you have in the program. Eventually those thoughts will go away and they won't control your life. You will not hurt anyone, you won't hurt yourself; focus on being the best mommy you can be and everything else will fall into place.
Take care and smile a little :)

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi Kriskam,

I am going through the same thing now. I just started the program a few weeks ago and my husband and I really want to start trying to have a baby. We have no children yet. I can't wait but I am terrified that I will have aweful anxiety with all of the symptoms while I am pregnant and terrified of going through post partum afterward. The fact that you have been a great mom to your children makes me confident that you will be fine having another child. I know if someone says something to you it really stays in your head. I am the same way and that is what anxiety is. You will get better over time. The only thing is unfortunately is does take time. I know exactly how you feel.

Return to “Parent to Parent”