Late Talker

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.

Post by Guest » Fri May 29, 2009 9:38 am

Lucie:

Thank you once again! I told her Speech Therapist what you said and she told me that our daughter does show advanced analytical thinking, just can't get the words out consistently just yet.

The article you sent was priceless. I have to read up on that. She does show those traits. Her gross motors skills were/are so far advanced, she is a little tom-boy at times.

She has always babbled, mama, but now, she says Mom, Mama and looks for me or right at me. I do not have to tell you how that feels!

Thank you for being such a great support! You will never know how much your posts have helped. As you said, everyone tells you don't worry. How can a parent not worry.

We are putting her in a speech class through a local university for 5 weeks this summer, then in a Program so that she can have therapy at school.

I sent the article to my husband already. I'm sure he will love that! Maybe I will have two engineers in the family???

Post by Guest » Fri May 29, 2009 12:44 pm

My friend has twins, boy & girl, who will be 3 next month and they only have about 20 words too. But they understand everything. My son was also late talker. Listen to the Doctors, your child will be fine.

Post by Guest » Fri May 29, 2009 12:53 pm

Thank you Rose for taking the time to comment. Your kind words truly helped! Bless you all who have commented.

Return to “Parent to Parent”