bad parents

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
xlostgirlx

Post by xlostgirlx » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:26 pm

I noticed that when i go to a therapist they always ask me about what my parents are like or it always being the parents fault for something and it is 100% true. From expirience i hardly even like being around mine anymore because i can't trust them with anything. And when i was dealing with panic disorder they told me to stop faking it and ignored my whole problem. Not to mention i found out this site from them and now they lie saying they can't get it for me getting my hopes all up. Such wonderful parents in the world today. I have yet to see someone who actualy cares.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:20 am

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. I know how difficult that is from experience. I think it is important to acknowledge the truth and grieve the loss when our parents mistreat us, but please remember that the point of acknowledging the truth isn't to get stuck in pain. The point of acknowledging the truth should be to empower you to know that you are the only one that you can control and that you are responsible for your own healing. I am assuming that you are younger since you can not get this program on your own. If you are a teenager and you are involved in counseling, please see if a counselor can help you get this program if your parents will not help.

Good books that I always recommend are "Boundaries" by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. Townsend, and "Changes that Heal" by Dr. Townsend.

Take care, and there are many caring people on this website that you can always talk to.

luvpiggy

Return to “Parent to Parent”