postpartum anxiety!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:35 am

Thank you all for your replies. Well I am still in this fog. When all this started I did go to the doctor and he prescribed Lexapro and I took it for three months but I don't think it help me like I wished it would. Now I'm taking xanax for the anxiety and Trazodone for depression, but I still feel the same I don't know what to do, now I have a lot of fatigue, and feel unlike myself and I have this fog that I hate sometimes I feel like throwing away the meds and see what happens! I am so desperate. what can I do?

JeniRN

Post by JeniRN » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Valeria,
Have you talk to your Doctor about how you feel on the med's? Maybe this are not the med's for you.
I know we are told it can take up to four weeks or more for med's to work. I have known people who said it took them up to eight months to feel like themselves again, after being on med's.
I had the fog too. It is very unpleasant, it is like you are not a part of life. It will go away in time. When I was going through the fog, I just knew I was going crazy, my pastor told me I wasn't, he was right.
I am on med's, I take 25mg of Zoloft every night. If you decide to come off your med's, don't come off them, without a doctors help.
Sunshine1960

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:23 am

Hello Valeria! I have had anxiety issues before having my son but after I had him I was way worse! I had an anxiety attack the day I brought him home from the hospital and they looked into me having postpardum depression. They never gave me the diagnosis but I felt that I had it. My son is now 12 months old as well and I am feeling much better but I got out my program and began to use it to get some relief. I still haven't finished it :( but I plan to. Try to do the program and stay busy (not to the point where you stress yourself out) but I came back to work when my son was 3 weeks old because I needed to financially but also to keep my mind from dwelling up all the negative thoughts at home. You will overcome this.

Return to “Parent to Parent”