Hi...please help me.

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Ijustwannachange

Post by Ijustwannachange » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:54 am

I have been suffering from severe anxiety and severe depression for years. The first doctors I went to said I was bi-polar and I've gone through
tons of medication that made things worse and now
they say I'm not.

Honestly I don't care anymore...but I have kids. Today I get to watch my kids leave to go move with other family members because I can't handle anything anymore.

I need sooo much help and I dont know where to turn or what to do. As a parent am I wrong for sending them away? They are 7 and 9 and love their mommy and I love them to...I just can't go through this anymore.

How do I handle this? How do I explain this to my kids. I'm beyond beyond beyond myself.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:31 am

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are going through so much turmoil. First of all, from what you said you are not bipolar. Are you on any meds right now for depression/anxiety??? Have you been to a doctor to see if perhaps you need something until you can get yourself together? Do you have the program? If not, I hope you will try to purchase it. It will help you immensely.

I don't think you are wrong for letting family take care of your kids if you're feeling so badly right now. I know you love them and this may be the best thing you could do for them while you're getting yourself some help. I'm sure you can see them a lot, you just can't handle the responsiblity of the day to day things right now. But, maybe with the right meds and the program you will be feeling good very shortly. Kids are very resilient and they will be okay. Just be sure to stay in close contact with them.

Please let me know if you are under a doctor's care and how you are doing. This will pass. You will be okay. I promise. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care, Donna

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:59 am

I had to put my son in daycare because I couldn;t take care of him. That was a few years ago. I was so depressed and anxious. I had tried all the meds and was worse on them. This program saved my life. I am now fully functional, can take care of my son, working, and enjoying my life. If you don't have this program, get it. You can recover. I did.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:59 pm

My therapist told me that there is no right or wrong decision. You make the best choice you can at the time and do the best you can with whatever consequences it brings - good or bad. You will never know if the other choice would have been better and it may very well have not. Just pray for the Lord to help you and forgive yourself and do the best you can with that choice. The doctor told my husband he had to take care of the children's needs or I would not be there to help. That was 15 years ago. My children are 22 and 24 now. We talk about what I was like back then: mean, irrational, moody, and other symtoms of depression and anxiety. They have both told me that they forgive me, always knew that I loved them and that I needed help and still love me very much. I was able to get a lot of help at that time but have always had to fight the disease of chronic depression. I have recently found this program and it makes total sense and I am hoping it will make things easier. Anyway my point is that children know your heart if you try. Get the help you need so that you can be there for them later when they are teens and adults. And even if you can't help them a lot, they know you love them and will be glad you are just there.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Change, are you still around?
I wish more people had the courage to do what you are doing and the family to back them up.
You signed in as ijustwanttochange, Good for you. Take the oppertunity you have now to find out what needs to change. The spinning record in your head won't stop until you change that.If someone tried to hurt your kids would it make you mad? There is a voice in your head trying to hurt you, get mad at it and tell it to shut up you are better than it says you are, try to do 1 useful thing everyday and if getting dressed is the best you can do, good, you got dressed make the best try you can. Remember climbing a big mountain is best done with little steps, it takes a while, but at least you won't be burnt out when you get to the top. If you can get the program {even if you have to ask for help to get it} it probably will help you. You just need to learn how to think again. You can,one thing at a time, you can. Just try, what else are you going to do?On your good days see your children if you can and when they ask why they can't come home {and they will ask} Try not to let it knock you down, Talk about better things, tell them you are working on getting better because they are the best and need thier Mommy as good as she can be. May God bless you and your kids.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:54 am

justwannachange,
You have done what is best for yourself and them at this point in time. They will understand, if not at this moment, then one day. Tell them you are sick, and you need a little time to get well. It is the truth. in a way you are. And you will get better, so tell them that constantly, it wil also help you in your positive self-talk.
With all the prayers and support you can get here, I am sure you will feel better soon. I held off before participating here. recently things blew up on me, and honestly, the support I recieved here, and from reviewing key sessions in the program has literally pulled me through. But I think the program itself is not enough for some people, like me for instance. We need others that have experienced the same things to support us. I had to send my son away at 14 to live with a very controlling father. Each time since that he has visited, he has gotten into some kind of serious trouble. Well, now this time he ran away. I am feeling tons better than the maniacal state I had myself into the night he left before I got online. He needs to be controlled, so his father is just the one. You removed your children from asituation where they saw you crying, upset, anxious, or what-not and that is best. Feel belssed for your family support system. Feel blessed for having the strength and wisdom to do what is best for your kids. And thank God for the courage to do what you have to until you can change the situation.
Keep your chin up. We are all praying for you, and your whole extended family. Bless all of you.
Tena

Return to “Parent to Parent”