a little scared!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Candiandricky

Post by Candiandricky » Tue May 13, 2008 2:22 pm

Ok, so I am 30 weeks prego today... I started taking these classes about how to relax during the birthing process.

Anyway, I am not to concerned about the pain.. Don't get me wrong I know it is going to hurt like hell, but I am more concerned about pushing him out!

I am scared that I am going to go into labor and not be able to handle it.. And of course they are thoughts that don't just go away easily, they are kinda hounding me..

Anyone ever had this thought that you could not get rid of.

Any advise would help!

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Fri May 16, 2008 10:01 pm

The best thing you can do is take the classes and, if this isn't a childbirth prep class, grab a book and read about the birthing process. Knowledge is power, and you'll feel more in control to know what is happening.
You'll do fine! The doctors and nurses deliver every day and will be there to help you the entire way!
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

Post by Guest » Sat May 17, 2008 9:43 am

Maybe the best thing you can do is learn to relax right now. It will take away some of your worry and what if's about the delivery.
You really will do alright. Child birth really is a natural process. You'll push at the appropriate times.
So what you can do now is listen to the relaxation tape and relax now. Get yourself into a recliner and listen to soft music and image happy peaceful scenes. (The things that you like).
Talk to yourself very gently and tell yourself
that baby wants to come and he will and you'll be just fine with it.
Also you can talk to your doctor about your fears. I expect that he'll be able to reassure you. He (or she ) has delivered lots of babies. As Bev said).

You are going to be just fine.
Congratulations! I presume this must be your first one!
MaryJane

*D*

Post by *D* » Sat May 17, 2008 10:25 am

this will probably will not be much help,but the baby will come out.it reminds me of the bill crosby program when he was with his wife at the ds office. saying push push push.it made me laugh.remember that we are here because it worked.take care and be blessed.
don

BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Sun May 18, 2008 11:29 am

My first child was a vaginal delivery, and I actually expected it to be far worse than it actually was. It hurt, but I had the option of pain medication which helped a lot, and when it was time to push, there is nothing more you want to do, believe me!

You are going to have a wonderful, calm, and healthy delivery of your beautiful baby!

Hugs, Tara
"If nothing ever changed...there would be no Butterflies." Author unknown

Kirstyn&Tristen'sMom

Post by Kirstyn&Tristen'sMom » Fri May 30, 2008 6:59 pm

To: Candiandricky
I'm a mother of two who is terrified of needles so both my children were born without an epidural. But as scary as it was an IV really is necessary to start early bc a vein could be impossible to get into later on. Don't worry about pushing if it's natural you'll really have no choice your body will make you want to more than anything when it's time. If you do have an epidural and are having problems feeeling anything they will use forcepts or a vaccum neither will hurt the baby or be painful to you. I really recommend an epidural bc unless it's really quick labor it's really painful, but more worth it than you can believe. Hello, I did it twice on purpose. Hope this helps don't know how to tell if anyone else answered I'm new.

Return to “Parent to Parent”