Just wanted to say hello I am new and very nervous

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
MuskogeeRose

Just wanted to say hello I am new and very nervous

Post by MuskogeeRose » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 am

I am new to this program and nervous but to me this is my last resort on getting my life back. I have suffered with depression and anxiety since I was 16 I am now 41. I have tried thousands of medications that they either make me so drowsey or suicidal I have also seen so many therapists either they are interested in just the money or I have been to one therapist that fell asleep on me. My life has changed so much I don't know who I am anymore. My dad was abusive when I was young I never had a father figure, lost my mom to cancer and she was my best friend and also my grandmother. My so called sister and stepfather gave up on me telling me just to snap out of it or get on meds again. They have never supported me they think they know me but have no idea what I am going through. I have written them out of my life for the better for me because I don't need the negativity. I am not writing all of this to feel sorry for myself but just to try to understand. Sometimes people treat me like I have the plague and they just run away and not want to deal with me like a bunch of doctors have in the past. My ex husband has also mentally and physically abused me. So I just feel so overwhelmed with my life. I am scared and lonely and I am praying so much that this program will help me. I am going to give it all that I have. It is nice to know that I am not alone.

Looking4Something

Re: Just wanted to say hello I am new and very nervous

Post by Looking4Something » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 am

You are not alone! I hate when people say just snap out of it. I want to slap them. People cannot understand this unless they have themselves gone through it. And sometimes it is very hard to understand. I pray that you will find comfort in this program and know that there are so many people who are sufferring and need help. At least we have this website to come and look for answers. I too sometimes feel like I am a plaque of sad news and no one wants to hear it anymore. But I cannot help it sometimes, the feelings are so overwhelming. Do not give up the fight, I haven't.

MuskogeeRose

Re: Just wanted to say hello I am new and very nervous

Post by MuskogeeRose » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am glad we have this website and where I can talk with other people about the same things that I am going through it is such a relief. Wishing everyone the very best.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”