So Dissapointed!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Darren John

So Dissapointed!

Post by Darren John » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:11 pm

i`ve been on the attacking anxiety program for a week now and have been following it as i`m meant..i even downloaded a motivational book of quotes..everything has been going well and i was feeling a lot more positive and confident until a few hours ago.I suffer from panic attacks and was a going with my wife in the car to a local supermarket when i felt myself starting to panic..i know its illegal but when i travel i usually have to lie down in the car to avoid having a panic attack..i did this but i really started panicking and it made me have a full blown attack..normally as soon as we stop my symptoms soon go but this time they went on whilst we tried to walk round the supermarket..i`ve felt lightheaded today and that has had me worrying quite a bit..this episode earlier has really set me back just as i was feeling a bit better..i`m meant to be starting lesson 2 tomorrow about panic attacks but i`m feeling so much anxiety at the moment :cry:

jardosgirl

Re: So Dissapointed!

Post by jardosgirl » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 pm

I felt the same way going into lesson two but now that im in it it is starting to help more and more....dont give up!

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 pm

The program is a form of CBT, meaning that it is a restructuring, rewiring, if you will, reconditioning of the brain. This takes time, attention and patience, but can and does work.

Indeed, don't give up and realize you must do your part. You will see gradual improvement. Wishing you the best.

LauraLL

Post by LauraLL » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:59 am

Hey Darren you did better than me just getting out of the car and walking around the supermarket. I usually have to lay down too. And feeling light headed goes with the territory. It helped me in session 2 to learn all the symptoms. You should definately press on. You are ok. You just described how I always feel when I'm having "problems with my nerves." I wish you the best and I'll say a prayer for you.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”