Jlk, introducing myself to u all

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Jlk

Jlk, introducing myself to u all

Post by Jlk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi, I suffer from chronic anxiety and depression, ptsd, agoraphobia, and a panic disorder. I have lack of parents, its been that way my whole life, ivee been beaten, abused mentally and phsically by my mentally ill mother, I recently stopped therapy, due to lack of resourcesI am new to the peer support forums.i am starting the program for a second time, though the fist time, I didntget past session three. So I am hoping that being a part of the forum will keep me involved.i need motivation because I dont get it anywhere, no comfort,, no support or posiivity. Over the years I have draged myself through college, physically sick, and I had to go no matter how anxious, and I recently received my aa degree kicking and screaming way way through.im now working at my second job,ever, im 23 yrs old. And I am struggeling to get through life peacefully and wout fear and the panic response. So thats part of my story, this isnt easy putting mysekf outhere but im done living this way, im rdy to learn how to live peacefull. I lost my brother to drugs and the streets, all that is left is me.and my sis, though we struggle to get tjrough the hell, it was very traumatic to both of us losing him and going through the violent degrading famililess childhood. Ive spent many.nights praying that my mother wouldnt get any paranoid ideas of me being "out to get her" wondering wat awaited us every night. I have been chased w knives by my mother. Whew sorry for rambeling. Hope to hear a respinse

tina martin

Re: Jlk, introducing myself to u all

Post by tina martin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:51 am

This is painful to read, hard to imagine all you've been through for which I feel great compassion.

But you are a survivor and will continue to get stronger every day. You have the program and you have fine motivation. Give the program the time and attention it calls for. It takes dedication and patience. This is a good place. We will try and support you as best we can. With Courage and Confidence you will get better every day. Wishing you the very best.

Jlk

Re: Jlk, introducing myself to u all

Post by Jlk » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Thank u so much for responding. Your words are kind and positive. I look forward to keeping myself involved in the program and also to having such wonderful support. thank u again.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”