Hi i am new to the program

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
ginagale

Hi i am new to the program

Post by ginagale » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:18 pm

I have been suffering from depression and anixty for awhile. I just got accept into my surgical tech program and i have so many doubts that i will fail. My depression is comming from when i was young. I was a single mom and got into trouble. I now have record not to bad. I fear i will not get into clinicals. I bet myself up everyday about my past. I am trying to acheie my goals but my past keeps commong up in my mind. I told my teacher about my record and she said not to worry it will work out. I do not want to fail i want to be a surgical tech soo bad that i feel my past will come up and i will not be able. I hope someone can help me with this.

DolphinG

Re: Hi i am new to the program

Post by DolphinG » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:19 pm

ginagale
welcome to the forum ,and congradulate yourself in making this step.
living in the past like you seem to be, is one of the main or better yet the main issue that all of us that suffer from anxiety and depression have.
the good news is that these skills that you will be learning throughout the program is going to help you coap with past issues
as well as you will learn that living in the present is one of the main keys to our recovery.
you will do good and your life will start to change gradually, take it slowly with the tapes so that you can filter everything ,dont rush them
keep us posted
Dolphin G

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”