Adrenal fatigue

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
JakeB

Adrenal fatigue

Post by JakeB » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Hello, all. I'm a newbie here. I'm 26 and I've been battling with anxiety for about 3 years now. I have some info about myself and questions I'd like to share if anyone can relate or give suggestions or add further inquiries to mine.

I began to have random anxiety/panic attacks at about age 22 or 23 with no previous symptoms to speak of. Over the course of the past 3 years, I've now had about every physical test done possible. Started out with EKGs, Multiple Glucose tolerance tests, Diabetes test, Vitamin/mineral levels, Gluten intolerance/Celiac disease, Thyroid tests, Complete blood count, and probably more. All these tests were to address the issue of my anxiety and they all came back normal w/ absolutely no issues.

After I felt like I exhausted nearly all my options as far as determining what was causing my anxiety, I finally swallowed my pride and decided to get tested for anxiety, because as you probably know, anxiety can cause you to take a mental and physcological beating before doing anything about it. My neurologist had done an EEG (I think that's what it's called?) that examined my brain activity and more specifically bringing to light any issues of brain seizures - That came back with excellent results as well. After talking to him further, we concluded I had Agoraphobia and/or Social Anxiety, seeing as it flares up mostly when I'm prompted with social pressure or when in a large crowd (baseball game, concert, etc.).

I'm on a small dose of a benzo called Klonopin (and let me just say I HATE the idea of prescription dependency). I am now seeing a holistic doctor that uses whole, natural medicine to treat issues like mine. I am in the process of weaning myself off of the Klonopin (and it has been very difficult, especially trying to carry on a professional career and active social life).

My newest approach to treating anxiety is taking drenamin which was prescribed by the holistic doctor I just started seeing. Anxiety is so frustrating! Figuring out the root cause is the key, but it's also the most difficult part of the process. We are now exploring the possibility that I have "Adrenal Fatigue", where my adrenal glands are basically just that - fatigued/exhausted. Consequently, my body doesn't handle stress very well at all and the slighest bit will send my brain into a frenzy or a fog where I can't think or concentrate. Anxiety doesn't run in my family, so this theory does hold some weight.

Anyone else heard of this being a cause of anxiety? Or is there anyone else going through this approach? Thanks for reading. Looking forward to hearing from someone.

Jake

coachchris

Re: Adrenal fatigue

Post by coachchris » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi Jake,

Welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing your post. I have a very similiar story to yours. I created most of my body symptoms because of my hypochondria and I have a body that can push a lot of adrenalin. I assume you have the program? It will help you get like you said 'to the root' of your story.

I took some xanax to help calm my body down while I learned new skills and moved toward making changes in my life. The good news is your young and your body will respond well to what you are learning. One the biggest things to remember is that if you are feeling anxious you are thinking anxious and your body is pushing adrenalin. Every thought we have carries a chemistry. You have the power to think better and feel better.

I would love to schedule a free coaching call with you if you want to talk about this further and continue moving in a forward direction. Send me a private message and we can get you setup this week.

Love your courage!
Coach Chris

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”