Newbie here!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Senorita

Newbie here!

Post by Senorita » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:22 am

Hi there I read Lucinda's book"From Panic To Power" yrs ago after having my first panic attack and I immediately felt better! I have had panic attacks on and off for 12 yrs but it didn't stop me from living my life until Mar of this yr I've become "sensitized" which means in a constant state of anxiety,I started worrying about the way I feel 24/7 and worrying about going places and doing things,I have actually come a long way since Mar;I ordered the program(although I haven't been following it to a T!) and I've been reading"Hope and Help For Your Nerves" by Claire Weekes an amazing book,I haven't been having any more panic attacks but the generalized anxiety remains and I guess to some extent the fear remains but I'm not avoiding anything so how do I get completely over the fear?I'm trying to not focus so much on my feelings and go on with my life but I'm not there yet.Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

dhoyt84

Re: Newbie here!

Post by dhoyt84 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:25 am

Wow. I dont have a whole lot of advice but when i read your post my jaw dropped. It sounds so much like me. I havent read from panic to power but Im going to. I kniw it takes so much to keep living life feeling this way. Im not afraid of panic attacks but i still feel afraid...i dont get it. I wish u the best and hopefully someone has good advice for us. Blessings!

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:53 am

I also have Lucinda's book which is a wonderful reference. Books are always best for me. The Table of Contents, the excellent index enables us to review what we must whenever we feel the need for reminders.

No CBT program is likely to be a one time fix-it experience. Reconditioning of our thinking and behaviors takes time and patience and persistence. So we always want to return for reminders and refreshers of where we want to be. Wishing you all the best. We try to be as supportive as possible.

allenae9

Post by allenae9 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 pm

I hope I don't come across as a pessimist however the way I view the program and our involvement is that the fear never goes away. But the way we view it and handle it can change, and it sounds as if you have taken steps towards that goal and I pride you in that.
good luck and keep writing
As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more. ~Jules Renard

Prayer Works

Post by Prayer Works » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:52 am

Senorita and Dehoyt84,

I would like to recommend a book, "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer. You can get the book from Amazon. I promise it will be a blessing to you! :) She discusses fear and anxiety and how to live free from it.....along with other issues that we battle "in our minds." When we get the victory in our mind then we will have the victory in our lives....We have to "think about what we are thinking about." It's a process, but there is HOPE! Stay Encouraged.....

Senorita

Post by Senorita » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks everyone you're all very encouraging!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 am

Hi Senorita,

Congratulations on all of your growth. You are doing amazing. I hear a couple things I would keep working on.

1) Remember that anxiety is adrenalin and if you have been under stress for a prolonged period it takes time for the adrenalin ( and other hormones) to leave the body and then it takes time for the body to heal and get everything back in balance. This is one the hardest spaces for a lot of us because cognitively we get it, but physically the body is still adjusting. The body has to catchup with our new way of thinking. This is why relaxation, diet, exercise and good stress management is so important.

2) I would also be aware of your 'whatifs.' Most of hang on to our 'whatif' thinking because we feel like if we step away from it then the panic will come back. Our 'whatif' thinking gives us a false sense of control/protection. The other negative about 'whatif' thinking is that it continues to push more adrenalin so the then the generalized anxiety lingers and we cycle back into anxious thoughts. You can see then how the adrenalin cycle continues :(

Finally, Lessons 13, 14, and 15 are really important for all of us. When we manage our life better we can stay out of the adrenalin cycle and our body and mind feel good. Our goal is healthy self-management. Feel free to PM me if you would like to schedule a free coaching call and talk about this further.

Make it a good day!
Coach Chris

ast121

Post by ast121 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:00 pm

i am also a newbie. Started two days ago but still have lots of anxiety throughout the day. I have gone through the relaxation cd and first cd 3xtimes but it hasn't helped yet....got to keep my hopes up. Good luck to you and keep posting..alex

ast121

Post by ast121 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:47 pm

i am also a newbie. Started two days ago but still have lots of anxiety throughout the day. I have gone through the relaxation cd and first cd 3xtimes but it hasn't helped yet....got to keep my hopes up. Good luck to you and keep posting..alex

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:43 pm

How are things going Alex?

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”