Anxiety and Alcohol

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
genmaximus

Anxiety and Alcohol

Post by genmaximus » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Just a question about alcohol. I know that alcohol is a depressant and usually anxious people drink to help it calm their nerves a bit but with me I think it has the opposite effect and makes me more anxious. Has anyone else had this experience?

JD1973

Re: Anxiety and Alcohol

Post by JD1973 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:37 am

I have the same issue. When I first used the program 4 yrs ago, I was able to have alchohol with not much problem....but my anxiety is back and alchohol isn't even a choice. It throws me over the edge. I feel like it is my "self talk" scaring me more than it is the actual alchohol. But the sugar in most of the wine, beer and liquor isnt helping either. I have come to the realization that what we put in our body is what we get out of it...we have to choose wisely.

coachchris

Re: Anxiety and Alcohol

Post by coachchris » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:47 am

Well said! We need to be very kind to our bodies. Take good care of you. Lots of water, be sure to eat breakfast, stay away from latenight eating. A lot of us eat 5-6 small meals a day with a good combination of fresh fruits and veggies, complex carbs and lean meats.

Stay dedicated to loving you!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”