Exercising..

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
1254smit

Exercising..

Post by 1254smit » Mon May 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Okay, i'm seriously getting "Annoyed" by my anxiety..i used to be a runner in track i even weighed 108 pounds from always being active and everything.. Since november, i got off my medication and my anxiety/panic attacks are so bad that i can't even exercise.. I get so anxious when i even walk up a case of stairs! What is wrong with this? i have not been in good health :/ and i just want to get back to my normal exercise Routine.. and i don't understand why my panic attacks are soooo crazzy when i start to exercise.. I can't stand it so i can't even work out longer than 10 min.. ):

tina martin

Re: Exercising..

Post by tina martin » Tue May 08, 2012 2:46 pm

If you have the program you may want to give it your time and attention. Exercise is part of it. Moderation is as valuable here as anywhere. I am big into exercise but approach it with due care. For one thing, I vary it. Yoga is big as is simply walking. Meditation is very helpful too. Taught myself Qigong (with DVD's) which I see as standing meditation.

Perhaps a gradual, gentle approach can get you back to exercise. Wishing you the best.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu May 17, 2012 5:39 pm

I agree with Tina. I remember hearing in the exercise session also, that some people do get/feel more anxious when exercising. The increased heart rate and things that come along with exercise... can be mistaken for anxiety and then turned into it, in a sense... I would just go slow, babysteps. Maybe some Yoga or just light walking to start...

best of luck!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

meluv3

Post by meluv3 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Oh, I am so thankful for this post! I have been trying to exercise - nothing vigorous - just walking around the house (I have agoraphobia). If I go for more than 15 minutes I am so dizzy and get all these weird sensations and if I "feel the fear and do it anyway" I usually have to fight off a full panic after 25-30 minutes. I do remember now from the session 5 cd that someone said they had increased anxiety from the sensations of exercise. It's been awhile since someone has posted here ... how are you all doing now!?

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:35 am

Maybe others are finding that exercise is enabling them to keep the demons away and so don't return. Exercise means everything to me but I still return to focus on staying well.

In my experience the principles of the program and CBT require regular attention, including esp. positive self-talk, healthy diet, variety of exercise and meditation. Exercise can be done at home with DVD's, simple yoga stretching, QiGong (can follow it on YouTube), inexpensive dumbbells and other small gym items suitable for at home. Hope this helps some.

DolphinG

Post by DolphinG » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:42 pm

hi guys,Dolphin,G Here.
i am one to have a little trouble with exercise as well,however i have to say that when i at least walk for 30 minutes,i do feel at first that spacy dizzines but it goes away in a while afterwards and then i have noticed that i feel better for the remaining of the day.
I have never been a exercize person only in my early teens i was verry active in sports,but then my life changed when i became involved with music and singing since then i never cought myself exercizing.
Now i regret not taking some time to exercise ,but now i am triying my best to make time for it at least 30 min a day of at least walking or Biking.
Well gotta go do some walking . :lol:

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. We are celebrating with you :)

annief

Post by annief » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Exercising is what saved me when I was going through severe anxiety. Even though I get nervous about my heart racing and being out of breath, I kept telling myself that the reason was because I was exercising. Just knowing that I had a reason for it made me relax. Just remember that exercising strengthens your heart and it helps lower blood pressure. Start out slow. I would also suggest finding a friend to exercise with. Sometimes it helps if you have someone to talk to or someone to motivate you. Don't give up.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:28 am

Walking is a great start. I walk every day, rarely miss unless the weather is too wild. The heat never kept me in. Walking is really so much more than the excellent exercise it is. For me it is my small connection to nature: sky, clouds, sun, air, trees, grass, flowers, fragrance, bushes, birds. I come home renewed in more ways than one.

I engage in plenty other exercise we can discuss, but walking is best for starters.

Jlk

Post by Jlk » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Exercising is so hard to keep up. I will do good for three days then i'm done, and before you know it i do not feel like exercising. Even though I get anxious thinking of exercising and going through the motions, afterwards it does make me feel clear headed in the long run. I just have to start being consistant,, and we all know how hard that is for someone like us. As of today i havent exercised in like a month. I am going to tyry to start walking thirty min a day on my treadmill as soon as i get up. I promise to post everytime to get positive reinforcement after each time i workout. anyone else want to start a log of exercising an just post it daily or however long you workout...?????

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”