Recovered....there is hope for all!!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Princess Nonzwa

Post by Princess Nonzwa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:58 am

Thanx Chantal, that defintelty gives me hope. I love reading success stories. I want to feel at peace and be happy. I have to remind myself everyday that these are just feelings and they will pass. I cant wait until I start the program.

kacie

Post by kacie » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:55 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's great to see success stories. You are the inspiration I need.

Lynn Stellano

Post by Lynn Stellano » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:05 am

I found your success story very uplifting, I am just starting the program and all ready I feel better knowing that I am not going crazy. Lynn Stellano

Dona Dry

Post by Dona Dry » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:22 am

Hi Everyone,

I totally agree with Chantel YOU CAN DO IT!!! I have been out of the program for 4 years now and I am living the life I want to live. It feels great to be free from anxiety and having all those horrible body symptoms. A few years ago there was a time that I could not get in a car or our truck and travel even on normal roads made me feel uneasy. New roads gave me anxiety and interstates FORGET THAT!!!

I would not go in elevators I always took the stairs or stayed back while everyone else just got on the elevator. And I used to say to myself now why can't I do that, it dosen't seem frightening to them?

Every day I was closing myself in more and more and the worse my anxiety, depression, panic attacks and agoraphobia got. I was getting so bad that I thought I would land in a mental hospital for the way I was acting. People don't act like this or have these kinds of problems?

When I received my program 4 years ago and listened to the tapes I realized that I was not alone that there were so many men and women feeling the same feelings I felt. It felt so good to hear other people talk about the exact same scary thoughts, had the same feelings I did. I WAS NOT ALONE AND i FELT SO RELEAVED THAT I CAN AND WILL RECOVER FROM THIS TERRIBLE WAY OF LIVING MY LIFE.

So, I say to each and everyone of you. YOU WILL RECOVER, YOU WILL GET YOUR LIFE BACK!! Practice, Practice, Practice the skills that you are learning and THEN GO OUT THERE AND FACE YOUR FEARS AND LOOK AT THEM RIGHT IN THE FACE AND WALK THROUGH THE DOOR TO THE OTHER SIDE OF FREEDOM.

Remember like chantel said: ANXIETY is just a lamb in wolf's clothing. Right now you are looking at the BIG BAD WOLF but take away the clothng and underneath is a beautiful little lamb sweet and innocent saying to you where have you been I have been waiting for you.....

To your success,

Dona Dry

CarolM

Post by CarolM » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:16 am

thank your for the inspirational words. they truly mean alot to me.

Camnuck

Post by Camnuck » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:53 am

These are the 3 keys that the program tought me which cured my anxiety

1. Stopped the "what if" thoughts and changed to "so what if" thoughts

2. Understood exactly what an anxiety attack was and wasn't affraid of them any more (thus stopping the attacks), i.e. no more "fear of being afraid"

3. To be in control is to not be in control all the time

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:48 am

This is good advice. How long have you been doing the program? I started in April '09 & I am on session 12.
Have a good weekend.
Lyla

Marinapark

Post by Marinapark » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:44 am

I am starting to recognize and identify the attacks, but sometimes I get so caught up in them I can't say the words "it's just anxiety, nothing here to be afraid of." When you feel anxiety coming on what is the first thing you do?

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:35 am

Marinapark, The first thing I do is focus on my breath, I tell myself God is now & forever & I turn all my concerns over to him. Remember thoughts only thoughts. We are just practicing everyday & eventually it will take less & less.
Be kind to yourself
Lyla

genmaximus

Re: Recovered....there is hope for all!!

Post by genmaximus » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:59 pm

WoW...that is something else. That does give me great encouragement. That is the # 1 thing that I keep thinking. I will never been the same again...I will never be the way I was. This is what I have to get over is the fear itself.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”