Need some help please

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Debbi T.

Post by Debbi T. » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Dear Cornflower,
Thank you so much, yes you are so right! They do grow fast, and I adore him. I adore all of my children. Well, with all that in mind I booked the tickets last night. Were going. I,m just looking at is what ever happens, could happen here at home. I wont have my safe person (husband) but I'll have that beautiful 13 yr. old right by my side, and god sitting on the other side, and if all goes well, wow! what an accomplishment that will be for me. Thank you for the push I needed. Barb thanks for sticking with me.
Debbi

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:02 pm

You are welcome, my dear!!1
I will be praying for you. Now when is that going to happen. I want to make sure that I am praying. I want you to enjoy that trip!!
And I think that you will!!! I pray so.
In any case, it will be an accomplishment as you say.
God bless you!!
MJ

Debbi T.

Post by Debbi T. » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:29 am

Dear Cornflower
Can u come with me? LOL (just kidding) I leave Fl. on Dec. 6th at 1:57 pm and arrive in Pa. at 10:00 am on the 7th 20 hrs. Then my 2 older children (21 & 22 yrs. old) will meet me, and I'll take a local train to get closer to home about 45 min. more. I'll be so excited to see them. (feel safe with them.) and love them dearly. Thank you for your prayers, I really need them, and I need lots more of the good lord above in my life. Thank you again for your words of encouragement, I almost backed out, but your words, just clicked, and I'm doing it, no backing out now. I hope I can just enjoy the time away, and not anticipate that train the entire week there. I will be really excited to let you know if I made it too, and how things went. Please stay in touch with me, your a great person to talk to. And may God bless you also, there is a spot in heaven for you. You truly are a blessing.
Debbi

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:05 am

Thank you, Debbie, for those kind words.

I am pretty sure that you are going to be fine. I have marked those days on my calendar. I will be praying for you.

Be sure to take something to read - part of the time. And you and your son will probably dose part of the time. What one of my grandsons liked to do at that age, and younger, was to note how many rivers he crossed. It is so interesting to watch the landscape change as the miles go by.
Take some really neat snackes that you both like. And there will be plenty of time to listen to your son. To hear what he thinks about, what he dreams for, What may bother him.

20 hours sounds like a long time. But think of the oppertunity it offers you to relax. And that is all you have to do once you board.
You just sit back and relax. Take your favorite soft drinks.
And you might even make some friends on there.
There will be some nice poeple traveling with you. And as the hours pass they will speak and tell you where they are from. You will learn about others, and what they think about.
Who knows , you might be able to encourage someone else.
You will be tired when you get home , but you will be so proud of yourself that you had an adventure and made memories with your son.
Memories warm the heart when you grow older.
So be of good courage.
This is something to look forward to.
My thoughts will be with you.
MJ

Worrywoman

Post by Worrywoman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Very proud of you, Debbi!!! Make the trip fun by playing corny games with your children, learn something new about them....it can be a bonding experience!!! I personally like to "people watch" and analyze what their saying. It's pretty funny!!! Good luck and God Bless!

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”