never been in a relationship

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
idamayee

Post by idamayee » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:06 am

i am 30 years old and i have never had a boyfriend. i am black my family is white and i went to a school with a total of 5 or 6 other black people. i am attracted to white guys, but my brother and alot of people that went to my school would always say that it was discusting to be in that type of relationship. so all my life i have always thought that something was wrong with me that i wasnt worthy of someone liking me because of the color of my skin. i dont think that im an ugly person, i get alot of compliments that im pretty but anytime that i like someone or they find out that i have feelings for them its a big problem for me. im scared that im gonna try and im gonna get hurt cause i have been hurt so many times, i just dont know how to be me around someone i care about. i tried to tell a guy who i thought was my friend how i felt and he told me he didnt want to talk to me about it. i tried to give him space and we hung out a few times after that and it was complicated. i told him i couldnt be friends anymore and he said we were never friends in the first place. so now i just am to afraid to try to even get close to a guy even as friends. does anyone else have a similar problem like this

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:31 am

Hi Ida:
I'm wondering if you aren't paying far too much attention to skin color.
It is the heart (soul) that needs to be considered.

You know? if one sticks a pin or needle into his/her finger, the blood that comes forth is red. Doesn't matter the skin color.

We all cry at loss. We all feel the same loneliness. We laugh , we rejoice with gladness. It is all the same.

I would not miss out on companionship and comraderie by comparisons in skin color.

There are a lot of matchmaking sites online these days. One isn't limited to geograpahy.

Here is wishing you all kinds of happiness and friendships.
SR

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:11 am

Bless your heart. I know you will find someone, and when you do have "normal" relationship conflicts between the two of you, you will find that they are very unrelated to either of your races.

If you live in a small town it may be more difficult to find someone. But know this, there are interracial couples all over America and the world. Usually in larger cities people aren't as close-minded.

I pray you find your other half soon!
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”