IRRATIONAL THOUGHTS

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
determined75

Post by determined75 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:47 am

I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM OCD SINCE I WAS 16. I HAVE HAD ALL KINDS OF OBSESSIONS FROM CONTAMINATION TO THE LATEST AND MOST SEVERE WORRYING THAT SOMEONE IS OUT TO GET ME. I DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY COMPULSIONS THAT GO ALONG WITH THIS (WHICH I HAVE READ IS CALLED PRIMARILY OBSESSIONAL OCD). I HEAR IT IS HARDER TO TREAT THIS TYPE OF OCD. HAS ANYBODY EVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:19 am

Hi there I'll pray for you. May God's peace give you some peace of mind. (:

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:45 am

I'm not sure if its easier or harder, but it is treatable!! What steps have you taken?

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:53 pm

I HAVE RECENTLY BEGAN SEEING A DR WHO IS GOING TO START COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY. MY FIRST APPOINTMENT IS TUESDAY. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF IT?

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Yes, and it is phenominal. It will be extremely difficult but you can do it! Just follow the Dr. and don't overdue it. This therapy takes time and you will get frustrated and nervous and worried but all of us are here to help. We are dealing with the same demons so dont be afraid to lean.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm

bronzestar45 thank you so much for the reply. It really helps to know that other people feel the same way. I have begun the therapy and you are right it is extremely hard but I am trying. It means alot to know that you are there. Thanks alot.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:46 pm

Hello I am sorry to hear what you are having to go through but take heart that you are not alone and there is help out there. Many people suffer from this and come through it stronger than before. I deal with the obessesion part of the OCD too. I can really relate to what you are going through. If you need anything feel free to private message me.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”