High Blood Pressure....

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:52 am

Hi Deedee,

I am glad to be of help to as many people as possible. Funny thing about that link I suggest. It seems I almost always fill the prescription out of reverence to the advice from the doctor, and then when I have a problem, I check it out on that site and then I know why I had the problem. You'd think by now, I would check that out these things, before I just fill the prescriptions. I think it is that perception most have of doctors being God like. It is really an illusion. It's not idolatry, it is just that we think they know more of what's best for us.

Have a blessed day!
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Don57

Post by Don57 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:34 am

Another promising natural substance for HBP is sesame cooking oil. See link below for a small study where it was shown to be effective. You can get it at about any grocery store.

http://www.webmd.com/hypertens...efits-blood-pressure
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger, the smarter, the faster hand; But sooner or later the person who wins is the one who thinks "I can." Author Unknown

http://dp19032k9.webs.com

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi Don,

It's been a while since we have seen or heard from you. I suspect that you have done very well, and I do appreciate your input on this matter. I had not heard about the sesame oil, but I do use it every now and then. I love it with stir fried veges. I like it that something that tastes good and is also good for you. Can't beat that one!

Have a blessed day!
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Ammy

Post by Ammy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:47 pm

High blood pressure control by using antihypertensive agents medications. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. Amlodipine Besilate–Olmesartan Medoxomil is prescribed for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).

Bob-o Bingo

Post by Bob-o Bingo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:48 am

Hi BMorris,

Sure anxiety can cause high blood pressure--along with a whole lot of other things. Your BP readings aren't really that high so I wouldn't sweat it too much. If you do sweat it anyway, it will only raise your BP--LOL!!!

WalMart and many other stores and supermarkets have BP measuring machines parked in the aisles so you can check it out yourself. I've had some interesting times checking my BP after hurrying up and down the aisles... after sitting still and relaxxxxxing a while... etc. The results on my BP are dramatic! You really can lower your BP by relaxing. And you can raise it by worrying a lot or running in place right before you measure it.

When you go to the Docs they always check your BP. The highest reading I ever got happened when I had to run out to my car to get my wallet and run back in. I came back to the exam room with my wallet in hand, still breathing hard from the run out to the car and back, and my BP was nice and high! If they had waited a minute or two I know my BP would have been as low as usual.

Your momentary BP isn't anything to worry about--it's varying all the time... rising after you go up steps... rising after you laugh hard at a joke... rising when you're busy digesting a big meal... rising after you hear a crash and breaking glass in the kitchen! And your BP lowers when you sit down for a while... or take a nap... or watch a calm travelogue on TV. If the Docs took your BP five times in a row while talking with you about various things, they'd probably get a different reading each time.

A Police agency actually gave a lie detector test to an uncooperative criminal and got reliable info from him: every time they mentioned the name of a guilty partner in his criminal activity, his BP rose a bit--haha!--and he gave an indication of who the guilty parties were even though he didn't say a single word!

It's the all-day-long BP (whatever they call it) that you should be concerned about. But the docs just slap the cuff on your arm and measure your BP. I wish they would give me a minute to calm my mind, sit still and relax... and then I'll give them a nice low BP reading!

So to answer your question: YES, anxiety can (and probably will) raise your Blood Pressure. The more you worry about your BP, the higher it will go!!! So stop worrying about it and relaxxxxx.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”