Caffeine

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Adrien

Post by Adrien » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 am

Hi Everyone!

I haven't had coffee for a few months. But since starting the program, I have not had black or green tea either, just caffeine free white tea. Do you think black and green tea have enough caffeine to be concerned about? I know that green tea also contains theanine which promotes alpha brain wave activity which relaxes and creates a calm state of mind when the brain is in this alpha state. The mind also becomes more alert, not drowsy as you may associate with a calm state.

Any thoughts? Thanks! :D
Adrien

Adrien

Post by Adrien » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:56 am

Now that I am in session 5, I see black tea is a no-no for caffeine. Figured that. Anyone have any take on green tea, and what is your hot drink of choice when you are asked out for coffee?
Adrien

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi--Green tea has caffeine in it...I started to drink it for health reasons stated by Dr OZ. But I could tell I was getting a "buzz" and when checking the labels of various teas, white tea had less caffeine in it. I don't drink anything with caffeine in it, so I could really tell the difference.

I'm so sensitive right now, that even vitamins affect me. :eek: I can tell when I've had extra salt and sugar as well. I'm also going through the change, and weaning off of Remeron without having to use Xanax if I can help it. So I am more sensitive than maybe someone else.

I think if anything I would add is chocolate to my diet if I get to a point where I feel okay. Sometimes like I've mentioned I will have a prepackaged chocolate ice cream cone after I've taken the remeron, because it makes me hungry.

Adrien

Post by Adrien » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Yes, I sometimes think our sensitivities may increase without any of the substances and I wonder how good it is to be "too" sensitive and if we ever get beyond that point. You know, everything in moderation? Interesting, isn't it? :D Be well Paislee!
Adrien

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks, you too! :D

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”