WALKED SON TO SCHOOL

Share your successes with others
msbttrfly

WALKED SON TO SCHOOL

Post by msbttrfly » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:15 pm

I WAS ABLE TO WALK MY SON TO SCHOOL! MY HUSBAND AND I ONLY HAVE ONE CAR NOW AND I WAS SO AFRAID TO WALK MY SON TO SCHOOL. I WASN'T AS AFRAID WHEN I WAS WITH HIM BUT IT WAS THE WALK BACK BY MYSELF AND THEN RETURNING TO PICK HIM UP BY MYSELF THAT I WAS AFRAID OF. I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD PASS OUT, MY SUGAR WOULD GET LOW, AND NOONE WOULD SEE ME. I FEEL SO HAPPY TO HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THIS. THERE WAS ONE POINT WHEN I COULDN'T EVEN WALK TO THE CORNER, DRIVE A CAR, SIT IN CHURCH, EAT AND DRINK CERTAIN FOODS, TAKE CERTAIN VITAMINS, WALK AROUND A MALL, AND I CAN DO ALL OF THIS NOW! I MEAN I "REALLY" COULDN'T WITHOUT CALLING 911,PANICKING OR RUNNING TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM. THANK GOD! I STILL HAVE MORE TRIUMPHS TO OVERCOME BUT I FEEL SO MUCH MORE OPTIMISTIC.

NeverQuit

Re: WALKED SON TO SCHOOL

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:13 pm

That's so awesome!! Rejoicing with you!!

dandjf

Post by dandjf » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:25 pm

Wow! That's great! Don't forget to praise yourself for EVERY accomplishment you make-big or small. :-) you can do it.

lcipparone

Post by lcipparone » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:22 am

that is amazing!!! i am only on week 3 of the program and i STRIVE to be able to drive without anxiety, walk around stores, etc without being afraid that i will passout from low blood sugar or go crazy from the dizziness i seem to always feel. i really really really want to be able to take my 1 1/2 year old daughter places without being scared. the dizziness i feel from anxiety is my most significant body symptom...all i want to do is lay down...and that is NO way to live life!! reading your post gives me hope that i will soon learn to enjoy all the things that scare me now. i canNOT wait to be a better person, more alert, more alive, more able to be free and calm. i am so happy that you are in a good place :)

DolphinG

Post by DolphinG » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm

i am so happy for you
I see myself as of now in a mirror with u and Iciparone.
Before my anxirty episodes were more like agitated and fast heart beat, but lately specialy today i feel that simptom of like dizzy or verry weak and dont know if it is anxiety or maby rebound of trying to cut down on XanaX.
Even though i only was taking .25 twice a day recently i have been cutting the pill almost to half.
yesterday was one of my best days and for the first time i only took not even .20 in total since i did not take it in the day time only took it at night and for that i cut off a piece of it.
Well today has been bad for me with this Dizziness and stuff ,feeling verry week I dont have low blood sugar since Doctor has already checked that and everything else.
If it is the anxiety showing itself in a different way then i know i will be able to handle it with the tools but im a little confused now.
Any feed back ????

meluv3

Post by meluv3 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:33 pm

I was just searching for dizziness looking for some kind of encouragement or something and came across this. I too have the dizzy symptoms and they are SO uncomfortable and I constantly feel like I'm going to fall over or pass out. I feel weak and then the mind starts jumping to a million things that could be wrong with me. I have 3 kids that I desire to take good care of, but like the post above I feel like I need to constantly lay down! =( I did the program a year ago, but am now titrating off my anti-depressant meds and everything is coming flooding back ... so I should know that the dizzy spells will go away when the anxiety does!! Anyhow, I am going though the lessons again and am now on lesson 4. Lesson 3 was SO helpful with the positive self talk ... just in the last few days I have been able to "push" a little bit more and fight the dizziness!! I have a friend that gets really dizzy with stress, but she is able to keep functioning with her young children and live life ... so hopefully we will get there too ... feel the dizziness and do it all anyway! Take care!