Has anyone ever done this???

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
frasierlooloo

Post by frasierlooloo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:35 am

Hello,
I'm kinda new here, about 3 weeks, but I would like to know if any of you get a pretty good hold on your panic attacks, but your GAD increases? If you have experienced this, how do you handle your GAD (and in my case)scary thought? Any advice would be wonderful! I have been reading your responses to each other, and yall are really great people, that make at least me feel better , just knowing yall understand!
Thanks, gina

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:04 am

I think this is a great group. I don't think I have read a negative response from anyone in any of the discussions. My panic attacks are gone but I still have the anxiety problem from time to time as I posted on Friday. I got good advice just to do what the program says to do...relaxation technique, positive self-talk, and determination...and the realization that "this, too, shall pass."

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:10 am

Thanks Friend, for you answer! I know your right, but it is so weird...I was so focused on panic attacks, and then when I kinda got them under control...now my mind stays on just plain ole anxiety! go figure! and I cant even think of what kind of positive talk for general anxiety? good grief! :-)

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:41 am

hi frasierlooloo after i got the program i finally learned how to stop my panic attacks but yes like you i still have GAD and somedays its worse than others but like friend ic said relaxation cd postitive self talk are things that can help. it takes alot of practice for me anxiety is really deep rooted in me i occasionally wake up with panic at night or in the morning but the program really taught me how to pull my self back from letting the panic take over. we now have this program and we all have each other as support so we can overcome this!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Yep I am just starting week three. I have noticed my attacks have all but diminished, but my GAD is a little worse. I thought maybe I was the only one feeling this way. I wonder why this is?

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:47 pm

I noticed the same thing when I first started the program. I'd also like to know why.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”