Heart palpitations, anyone else have them?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
cfe

Post by cfe » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:21 am

WOW! This is exactly what I am going through now!! And I too am in the medical field!! I think that knowledge goes a long way but for us anxiety sufferers it goes too far!!! I check my pulse a million times a day and I say to my fiance "is your heart ever fast when..." and he just looks at me and says "I don't know I don't check it" Wow....wish I could do that! I get dizzy, I check my pulse, I have palpitations, I check my pulse, I get short of breath....yeah it continues....I wish there was something magic that could take it all away! I have been in the program since 9/06 and I still listen to my tapes. I know I haven't followed it to the tee but I keep getting back up on the horse and trying. It helps to hear others like us! And another word of advice....my anxiety got ten times worse when I would google my symptoms....it became better after I stopped my cyberchondria. Keep fighting!!!
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:11 am

"Palpitations are heartbeat sensations that feel like your heart is pounding or racing."

That's the definition online. Heart palps are NOT just those flutter or skippy feelings.

I have heart palps which are simply harder and faster beats and almost constantly. No one knows why. Had a bazillion tests. Doc thinks maybe it's iron deficiency (I'm pregnant) or just fatigue from being pregnant. Who knows? I'm too exhausted to care anymore.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:17 pm

Any one out there, that I can talk 1 on 1 with about this? For me, I can't count the years that this has been happening to me.
Thank You!
~Barb~

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:21 am

It is amazing reading all these entrees how much in common we all share. Palpatations, goolitis,etc, etc. I have been in the program for a few days now, and have not been enjoying the rollorcoaster ride. Have had palpatations for years and I believe this is this source of what has gotten me to the point of seeking help for my anxiety. I have a palptation think the worse, and off goes the snowball, straight down the hill. I do find when I am relaxed, and working out they are less frequent. Drink lots of water and a good B-12 vitamin complex also helps. I just started using Paxil (7days and counting) and use Ativan .5mg when things get bad. Problem is I too feel like crap. My stomach is in such a knot half the time I am not eating. Losing weight at a rapid rate, which of course, sends me running to google!!!
Hang in there all of you, we cannot all be crazy if our experiences are so similiar. I look at it as if we all caught the same cold, and we just need to get better, and we will. Be strong. Does anyone find during their relaxtion sessions that their minds drift at certain points? Oh boy isn't this fun!!! Not!!

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Yes, I would be willing to talk one on one. Send me a private message, :)

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:49 pm

Sorry, that msg is for Barb1371

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:57 pm

Thank you Kitten, I added you and will check back from time to time and see if your on.
~Barb~

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:47 am

It is comforting to see that so many of us share this similar symptom. I too have heart palpatations and it is also my worst symptom. All of the other symptoms I can seem to control but the heart palpations are just the worst. I think this is what I have to work through the most. Sometimes I feel like they occur more frequently if I am getting heartburn. So I try not to eat real fatty foods and spicy foods. Sometimes I think we may even confuse heart palpations with heartburn. So maybe try to change your diet, it seemed to help for me but I do still get them when I am relaxed or tired which really sucks. But I try to carry on like they did not happen and it seems to go away.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:46 am

Well Im getting my heart completly checked out, So far I have wore the 24 hr moniter and have had a Echo and at present time I am wearing the 30 day montier. Next week having a stress test done.
During my time with 30 montier on, My heart feels like its going to pound out of my chest and I record it and call the 800 number and they say everything looks good. GO FIGURE!
It confuses me, I don't feel ancious and happens.
Well soon I will know all results from these tests and will share my results with all haveing same problem.
~Barb~

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:48 am

I don't know if this will help you...I had the heart palps the last 4 years of menopause...I started taking calcium with magnesium (I read that a shortage of magnesium can cause heart palps)
So, I started taking 1000mg of cal with 500 mg Mag...Sure enough they stopped. I take them before bed because I was getting the worst palps at night.
I had already had 2 different Dr.s do ekg's and I did go to the ER one night I was so scared that I was having a heart attack...nothing is wrong...so I tried the cal/mag and they stopped..it is supposed to be a 2 to 1 ratio of cal to magnesium.
My aunt told me when she was menopausal one day her heart was pounding so loud she thought everyone on the bus could hear it...she just suffered through and eventually they stopped (the good old 60's) Good luck

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”